What's new

JDW

Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
80
Location
Mishicot, WI
Oh I didn't do 500 at a time of one variety. I sowed 17 different varieties with only 10-50 seed per batch, in three different weeks. Each batch was disinfected separately in vials with 5mL of ppm or bleach.

How you do it with the filter paper is a great idea, I'll have to try that next time.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
3,014
Location
SF, CA
The filter paper method is a pleasure to deal with, especially after years of having to ensure that loose seed always remained in solution and not adherent to the glass wall. The Grade-1, 7 cm Medium Flow Rate (11 µM) is a good choice and allows for easy flow-through.

Continued good luck . . .
 

JDW

Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
80
Location
Mishicot, WI
I've got my first Nepenthes seed germinating in vitro!!
AlboRgerm2-001.jpg


This is albomarginata red form, so far there are 4 seedlings. None of the other varieties are germinating yet... I aslo planted out my first plant! A Drosophyllum from seed.
DewyOutTC-001.jpg


And two days ago I flasked some Sarracenia and Darlingtonia seed in my newly finished flow hood. I had to buy a different fan that was already wired with a 3-prong cord :/
DarlSeed-001.jpg
 

JDW

Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
80
Location
Mishicot, WI
I've made a few dozen cultures but not much is working. The VFT flower stalk explants have all just sat there for weeks doing nothing, besides slowly turning black from the cut edges in. Flower stalks of two orchids from my frog viv didn't clean, but I expected that. I moved an albomarginata seedling onto BAP media but it died. One success so far is with a small drosera regia seedling that I put on 1 mL/L BAP, now I have a callus nearly 1cm across. :boogie:
 
Top