What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Java Moss with CPs?

I want some lush, green moss to grow along side my cps, but sphagnum doesn't seem to grow well for me, though it is starting to do a little better. Is Java Moss a safe moss to use with cps?

The only experience I have with it in regards to CPs was to put a small clump of U. longifolia and a leaf pulling of Cephalotus in some java moss growing on the back wall of one of my crab vivariums to see how they would do and those two CPs did not do well in it. Perhaps larger starting portions / plants wouldn't get overtaken by the Java moss so quickly.

If you are looking just for moss to grow in a naturalistic vivarium, java moss does the trick and withstands warm temps far better than sphagnum, it doesn't bother other plants. The temps may have also been too warm for the CPs I was trying to grow since the Geosesarma crabs are a lowland and the CPs were intermediate / highland...

It's nearly impossible to kill (somehow I managed to), so I can imagine so.

Back