What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a d. capillaris?

This was sold to me as a d. capillaris. I read around and everywhere said it was sub-tropical and did not need a dormancy. I grew it in my grow tank over the winter and it's doing great. I was wondering if all the info I got was true and what temps it can take as far as lows.

795902fca4e0.jpg

Well, that is a terriffic shot of the upside down pot in the background. Care to give us a shot with the PLANT in focus now? lol

As far as dormancy, D. capillaris does not need dormancy. Mine takes temps as low as the 20's in winter and as high as 110 or so in summer and grows fine in full sun.

It is blurry, but it does look like capillaris.

Well, that is a terriffic shot of the upside down pot in the background. Care to give us a shot with the PLANT in focus now? lol

As far as dormancy, D. capillaris does not need dormancy. Mine takes temps as low as the 20's in winter and as high as 110 or so in summer and grows fine in full sun.

I thought it was a good pic with my camra phone. I even got some of the red ceph in it too. I tried to get close to it so you could tell what it was.

Could be some hybrid with Capillaris ???

Back