What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth the money?

I happened to be in the plumbing section of lowes today and decided to look at their RO units. well there was a whirlpool RO unit for $170. I was thinking of saving up to get one. I have so many plants its hard to keep the house stocked with distilled water. do you think this is a good price, and a good investment?I think $200 is the max amount I can spend. does anyone know of any other good priced RO units?

It depends if it actually works well for CPs. If it does, go for it, the price of buying all the distilled water you've bought would then add up over the price of the RO system.

Is collecting rainwater an option?
that is free..

Scot

yeah it is worth it way better than buying water and you can't always count on it raining. I live in Oregon, western Oregon and we get alot of rain but during summer I think it rained like once.
A RO FILTER IS A GOOD INVESTMENT!!!

I've seen those RO units and they're like 20 gallons a day or something... I bought a 100 gpd RO unit for less than that... I never have to worry about having enough water. :) Check around on the web to find a good deal on RO units.

I personally feel the ones on ebay are much more cost effective and of better quality than the ones I've seen at lowes. Commercial ones come at a commercial price, just arn't worth it.

That is so true!

I paid $55.00 for mine out the door and I would have paid well over $100.00 elsewhere.

I looked on ebay and found a Reef 6st 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI. I dont know what brand is best, but this one has a pretty good price and its has more gpd.

Those of you that have bought a RO what brand do you have?

I'm lucky and have nice, clean, tap water.

i have the 100gpd ro from purewaterclub.com, they also have listings on ebay.

whoa! another houstonian!

~b

Back