What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International pollen agency for nepenthes

The International Pollen Agency for Nepenthes a product of the GFP opened her doors.

Please visit under International Pollen Agency for Nepenthes and register.

The aim of the International Agency is to provide private persons, companies and institutions with the possibility to find the right partner plant for their flowering Nepenthes. The purpose is to facilitate the exchange of pollen of different Nepenthes species and hybrids; on the one hand, to protect the plants in their natural habitat and, on the other hand, to make it easier for both hobbyists and professional growers to obtain seeds for their collections and for propagation.

Hi Rico
I think its a great idea,just hope my neps get the flowering idea so that i can contribute.

Bye for now julian

What a great idea! I love seeing people get active in reproducing and sharing. Rico, my compliments to you or whomever made the site and I wish you great success!

Hi,

The Idea came from Günter Seiter (i think he was it) last year at our general meeting of the GFP (Geselsschaft für fleischfressende Pflanzen - the german carnivorous plants society). It was clear, that such a project does only make sense internationaly. I hope it will be accepted by many!! So, feel free to use it.

regards,
Christian

Sweet initiative!! I'm positive that it'll make a whole lot of ppl very happy indeed!

Unfortunately all my neps are really tiny, and wont be blooming anytime this side of armageddon
smile_h_32.gif

/Quensel

its like a nepenthes dating service!

So it is still legal to ship Nep seeds & pollen (Cites App II) and pollen internationally without paperwork? Excluding rajah/khasiana (Cites App I).
Just want to make very sure, since I heard that it was supposed to be changed.
Volker

Seeds of CITES II plants are exempt from CITES, although some countries have phytosanitary requirements for all plant parts including seeds.

Anyone able to help.

I tried adding an entry today but it did not seem to want to go through.

I sent and email to Admin to ask if there was a problem and got this response from Gunter:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bin ab 28.09.04 wieder im Büro erreichbar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Günter Seiter
KNORR-BREMSE SFS
VIE-R/TKP
As I don't speak the language I have no idea what he said.

Aaron.

Hey Aaron,
His language was a little unclear (odd for a native German) but he said:
[They] are attainable starting from 28.09.04 again in the office. Yours sincerely Guenter Seiter Knorr brakes SFS Vie r/tkp

The [] is a word I added. It literally translates to what I said pre brackets, so I don't know what he means are attainable...
confused.gif
I assume that means entries...

Maybe he is saying that entries can be made again from 28/09/04?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AaronJ @ Sep. 14 2004,7:41)]Bin ab 28.09.04 wieder im Büro erreichbar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Günter Seiter
KNORR-BREMSE SFS
VIE-R/TKP
Its an away message from his business mail account.

"You can message me at work from 28.September on.

Regards
Günter Seiter

Name of his company"

Jan

PS: Next time try this: http://www.google.com/language_tools

Thanks guys,

Gunter did contact me as soon as he was back at work and the issue is resolved. Neps currently in flower have now been added.

Aaron.

Sorry guys for the confusion about my mail.

My admin mail adress is splitted to my home mail adress and to my companies mail adress. And when I leave the company for some days I have to generate a automatically return mail that our customers will know when I am back to the office again. The next time I will also generate it in english  
smile_m_32.gif
 - but I think that this will confuse users of the pollen agency a little bit more  
smile_l_32.gif

For your information: there are about 45 members registerated at the nepenthes pollen agency at this time - and the number of users grow continuously  
smile.gif

Many greetings from Austria,
Guenter

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For your information: there are about 45 members registerated at the nepenthes pollen agency at this time - and the number of users grow continuously  

Yes and surprisingly us Aussies have the second highest number of listings after Germany
smile_m_32.gif

Based on population you Americans should be whipping out butts!

Come'on everyone, get your flowering Neps on there!

The more who use it, the better the resource will become.

I can already see a M & F N. campanulata coming into flower at the same time in the same country!!! Sounds like a perfect match to me?

Aaron.

I've added a few neps to the list. Hopefully that brings us a bit closer to the germans.

C

Well,given the support by private enterprise and government body (to cut down red tapes,paperworks to facilitate delivery) i wont hesistate to join.

Back