What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My only naga currently is barely two leaves up after a year, and not looking good, so i got some new seeds. Looks like very early on they get some color to them though!

I really enjoy the spectabilis. I might need to get me one. :)

That eddie's small? Bwahaha! :jester: that's a beast!!

Here the pictures of the indoor grown nepenthes plant is quite nice and inspiring us to make such a nice setup which attracts a lot. Keep sharing such a nice information it is going to be very much helpful to us.

Some pictures this morning:

nepenthes-species1-05172.jpg

Nepenthes new species #1

nepenthes-Peter-DAmato-x-trusmadiensis-061712.jpg

Nepenthes Peter D'Amato x trusmadiensis

nepenthes-hamata-061712.jpg

Nepenthes hamata lower pitcher

nepenthes-eymae-x-jacquelineae-061712.jpg

Nepenthes eymae x jacqulineae

nepenthes-izumiae-061712.jpg

A couple pots of Nepenthes izumiae seedlings

nepenthes-edwardsiana-061712.jpg

Fresh Nepenthes edwardsiana pitcher

nepenthes-singalana-x-hamata-061712.jpg

Nepenthes singalana x hamata

heliamphora-tatei-061712.jpg

I like this plant, Heliamphora tatei pot is about 4 1/2 inches across as a reference

Looks like your singalana x hamata is coming along very nicely. Great plants, Mike.

Wow, dang your plants look nice!

Your plants never fail to amaze me. Very nice! :)

<----drooling

Wonderful plants!!! Love your eddie!!!

Beautiful pictures of amazing plants! I would like to pick a favorite, but can't.... They all look great!

Thanks for sharing.

Always a pleasure looking at your plants.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "It's time for an update!"

Incredible plants, Mike.

Great setup. The window ac unit solves my cooling problem. Thanks for the photos.

Havent posted in a while.

I am living in a new apartment with little room for plants so I relocated my plants to a bigger indoor greenhouse I built in my families basement a few hours south of where I live. This allows me more time to focus on work and music.

The entire setup is automated now and I have only been able to check on the plants a couple times each month. Plants are looking good though when I checked on them last night. Snapped a quick picture with my cellphone of a burb pitcher that popped up since last time I visited. I will shoot some good pics in fall outdoors.
burb-hamata-new-setup.jpg

The setup has two sections, one warmer area with HPS lights and a misting system and another section with Warm/Cool Fluorescence lights with a misting system. The entire setup is Air Conditioned and I am seeing really good results.

Some things I noticed:
- izumiae x trusmadiensis in flower to early to tell, looked male
- argentii finally pitchering again
- upper pitchers on my seed grown jamban are all green with red lips (kinda cool) My BE clone stays all red.
- aristolochioides is getting a nice vine
- Seedings are growing faster under the fluorescent lights over HPS (murudensis, villosa, lavicola, lingulata, jamban, attentboutghii) which is surprising
- glandulifera is in the warmer section and growing faster then when it was in the cooler area.
- trusmadiensis is hating the warm section, but that is the only plant that is pissed right now

Nice photo! Would love to see photo of your setup if you have time when you're there next.

Do you have a family member checking on your plants to ensure the watering/misting/lights are still operating correctly?

I think they like the light spectrum of the CFLs over the HPSs.

Checked on my plants this weekend. They are looking good for no humain interaction for another 2 weeks.

Here are some photos I took with an ipad so excuse the quality.

Nepenthes glandulifera inflation.
nepenthes-glandulifera-10-12.jpg

BE did a nice job on this hybrid, singalana x hamata
nepenthes-singalana-x-hamata-10-12.jpg

Nepenthes spathulata seedlings
nepenthes-spathulata-seedlings-10-12.jpg

Nepenthes attenbouroughii little pitcher
nepenthes-attenboroughii-10-12.jpg

peristome under HPS lights
nepenthes-edwardsiana-peristome-10-12.jpg

Rare highland nepenthes seedlings, 2 years old under fluros
nepenthes-seedlings-rare-10-12.jpg