What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In vitro shoot tip culture of N. campanulata

Very grateful Hardy, thank you for sharing your methods and results. Years ago I tried soaking Cephalotus leaves in a milky captan solution, and then bleaching them, but it never worked for me. (However my bleach solution was much stronger than yours.) I'll have to try this with Nepenthes--

Just an update, here's two of the best-looking cultures.

35848908080_4a7f67ed46_z.jpg

These were subcultures starting with similar-sized single shoots, using multiplication medium. One has produced fewer but larger shoots, the other has proliferated more into a mass of tiny shoots.

36107248311_3f96933c2c_z.jpg
36241715585_ac47b0fc7e_z.jpg

I haven't tried dividing and subculturing single shoots onto hormone-free medium. Based on the experience of others this would cause the divided shoot to grow normally and begin pitchering instead of proliferating. I will try it soon.

Last update as of 2017/7/30: unfortunately all cultures are dead due to neglect.

Last edited:
Back