What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify Please, nice find from ,FLYTRAPSHOP

uphwiz

jimmy
After unpotting the red dragon dew I got form the store here in the spring I found this. :-O
do I owe adnedarn more money ?:blush:
Is a good one?:0o:.

Should I fridge it with the VFT's , so I dont disturb it again?.

Ive already uprooted it, though the roots are all in the clump of sphag. and dont seem to be exposed,.
should I just repot it back where it came from?.
IMG_0790.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it may be capillaris or one of the spatulata varieties.

its fairy tiny, dont think spathulata, has those long fingers around the edges ,,see them ?
does cappilaris? i dont know?

Possible but mine is not so red, this is spathulata bakoensis.
9271_bakoensis.jpg

It may be a cappilaris seedling.
They do have snap tentacles.

Heres a
Picture of my drosera cappilaris long arm

C2CC7C5A.jpg

You can see the snap tentacles on it. Still a very small plant around half a dime size.

Does it have a taproot?

This question is probably best posed to adnedarn, as It's obviously most likely something in his collection. I'd also say probably capilaris or spatulata, but I'm no expert...
Good luck finding out!

It may be a cappilaris seedling.
They do have snap tentacles.

Heres a
Picture of my drosera cappilaris long arm

C2CC7C5A.jpg

You can see the snap tentacles on it. Still a very small plant around half a dime size.

Your 'capilaris long arm' looks earily like D. bermanii :scratch: or possibly D. brevifolia. It's like no capilaris I've ever seen... But again, not an expert on these small dews. Maybe seedlings have different proportions than older plants? I'm suspicious...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: ...Yeah... Pretty positive that's not capilaris, and it certainly doesn't have long arms. Could it have been mislabeled? Might want to talk to your vendor. My vote is D. burmanii

second that thought
...Yeah... Pretty positive that's not capilaris, and it certainly doesn't have long arms. Could it have been mislabeled? Might want to talk to your vendor. My vote is D. burmanii

Maybe a weed, i have a few others, though, they are smaller. Youre probably right.
Looks diferent than my other burmanniis so i wasnt sure. I thought cappilaris could have just looked like that as a seedling. First time growing cappilaris so i wouldnt know. Ill take your guys' advice and call it a burmannii from now on. :0

For a guy that's been here this long, I'm quite surprised about your reaction to a common spatulata hitchhiker. Cmon man!

Back