What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icps plants

Ya.  I'll think of it like that.  The biggest problem is that my parents don't look at it like that.

Yipee! I got an idea. I'm gonna get my parents to let me sign up for my birthday. I'm finally gonna be part of the ICPS.

*runs around in circles*
*faints*

Photos were taken on 29 August 03
Here are the ICPS alabamensis that I have.
UCD B2001.075 ICPS Location AL001 below
S_alabamensisAL001_521.JPG

UCD B2001.074 ICPS Location AL002 below
S_alabamensisAL002_519.JPG

UCD B2001.070 ICPS Location AL-AL-03 below
S_alabamensisAL003_523.JPG

and, S. jonesii UCD B2001.073 below
S_jonesiiUCD_526.JPG

Yes. They need more light! I corrected that last weekend by replacing my 10-year-old fiberglass roof with clear ultravinyl panels.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mat_man444 @ Aug. 09 2003,07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do you have to be a member to get the plants[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
YES!

And I would urge you to join.

My AL003 is pubescent; is anyone else's? The AL001 isn't, or else it shaves every morning before I can see it.

Yipee! Just got my parents okay to join the ICPS. I'll be joining in November or December (a while before my birthday)?
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

*wonders which seed I should get first*
*does a little dance*
*can't figure out which seed I should get first*
*does another little dance*
*faints*

I`m going to beg my parents to get me a membership for christmass! (I realy hope they get me a membership for christmass&#33
wink.gif

I know what I'm going to get first!!! D. Burmannii. and then S. alabemesis.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My AL003 is pubescent; is anyone else's? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yes. My AL003 is pubescent. See photo below.
S_alabamensisAL003_698.JPG

Also, my AL003 flowered this weekend.
S_alabamensisFlowerAL003_702.JPG

I could get some of your seeds then from the ICPS
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

wow.gif
9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BobZ @ Sep. 22 2003,3
wow.gif
9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, my AL003 flowered this weekend.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
What?!?!?!? yours has flowered!!  Now I am green with envy.
alien.gif

Some current photos of my S. alabamensis plants:

Photos taken 10/11/2003

S_alabamensis_AL001_10_11_03.jpg

AL001: The smallest pitchers are those that were on the plant when it was received.

S_alabamensis_AL003_10_11_03.jpg

AL003: Once again, the smaller pitchers are those that were on the platn when it was received into my care.

My AL001 flower opened yesterday. For the past 2 weeks, the weather in coastal northwestern California has been quite warm and several of my Sarracenia have been acting like it is Spring.
S_alabamensisFlowerAL001_830.JPG

Photos of my AL001, AL002, and AL003 can be found at
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/zphotos/S_alabamensis.html

BobZ, how did you get all three, I thought they were only giving out pairs, so you must have done something special...
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif

lithops, sometimes it just works out when you happen to be in the right place at the right time.
smile.gif

Nice photo BobZ. Does it worry you that the plants are confused? I mean, that you will lose them due to loss of dormancy or sudden changes in weather?

BobZ,

If you get seed, would you please contact me?

SF

Back