What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, i was tinking today...what am i doing!, i really like to participate on the growing VFT on terrarium, but maybe thats not the way to grow them, same i have a D. binata And a D. filiformis, i hear they need sleep fro months, so tell me were!?? and how!??, i have a sar, 2 pings, they droseras and a few VFT, i will continue my bog plan how to do it is a 19lts plastic pot, i want mix the species to make it look cool, and they are only a few ", example the VFT is just 2", they sar 3", they are small, but well, questions: light just natural?, trought a window ar troght a polycarbonate plastic?, artificial light?, pot them directly or pot them in they small pots?, 50% peat (is called sphagnum peat moss, the brand says premium, canadian sphagnum, is good?), 50% silica sand?, is for aquarium use anyway!, i wait for you help, ah! should i put a fod maker on it?, make some holes on the bottom? from drainage?.... Thanks!
smile_l_32.gif

D Binata doesnt need a dormancy. people say that becaues the season after you give it its 'dormancy' it is supposed to come back A LITTLE stronger than before. your peat and sand mix is perfect! VFTs and Sarrs will flourish during the summer BUT WATCH OUT FOR WINTER! i suggest you rais some tropical CPs. Nepenthes(lowlanders), mexican Pinguicula, and drosera will excell in mexico as long as you keep them watered. get some specialized help from some of the forum members as i am basically starting American CPs out side this year.
good luck
alex

VFT's, D. filiformis, and D. binata are good bog plants and can probably stay outside all year round in Mexico. The VFT goes dormant and the other two die back, so it's like a dormancy.

oh my god, ok thanks, im making the sand/peat mix, i wait to c what more happend.
smile.gif

Back