What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move my terrarium and plants to a different country?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Greetings. I currently live in Florida right now attending college. I plan to complete college in less than 3 years and when I do, I plan on moving to the UAE.

Question: I have a 10 gallon terrarium of plants in my room in Florida. How would I move this to UAE?

*EDIT*---im slow.

i'd imagine you'd need to get the paper work together to be able to transport these plants over there....i would bring the plants with me on the
plane...in a box.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be too dry there for them?

I would imagine it's just a matter of getting the proper permits from both the US and the UAE and shipping them air freight. CITES Appendix I and II plants (Dionaea are Appendix II) might be a problem.

Check with the US Department of Agriculture office near you. If you are a UAE citizen returning from a student visa the customs and agriculture duty and permits might be less stringent. Check with the UAE consulate or if you have family in the UAE have them check what the requirements are.

Or check with a international moving company.

Back