What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did I get myself into this?!

My school has a greenhouse, and a greenhouse club to run it. As the "president" of this club, I get to decide what goes in and what we will grow for our plant sales(currently we have about 80 mimosa pudica, geraniums, and a million spider plants). Yesterday a freshmen biology teacher asked me if his class could use some of the space, and I said yes immediately (I really didn't have any other choice). He said he would send me an e-mail about it. So when I got home today and read his e-mail, and it turns out that he wants to use the space to observe the decomposition of deer poo, yes deer poo:0o: . Aparently his class wants to observe the rate of decomposition in liquids of differing phs:crazy: . Just goes to show, don't promise to anything before you know what it is you're promising.

how tall are your mimosa pidica? Mine is only 1 meter (~39 inches):-(

My school has a greenhouse, and a greenhouse club to run it. As the "president" of this club, I get to decide what goes in and what we will grow for our plant sales(currently we have about 80 mimosa pudica, geraniums, and a million spider plants). Yesterday a freshmen biology teacher asked me if his class could use some of the space, and I said yes immediately (I really didn't have any other choice). He said he would send me an e-mail about it. So when I got home today and read his e-mail, and it turns out that he wants to use the space to observe the decomposition of deer poo, yes deer poo:0o: . Aparently his class wants to observe the rate of decomposition in liquids of differing phs:crazy: . Just goes to show, don't promise to anything before you know what it is you're promising.

Doesn't sound so bad. It could have turned out to be much worse....

I honestly think the deer poo is a deal breaker, lol.

no seriously, deer poo doesn't even smell that bad (I don't think) at least it isn't dog!

sounds like a great situation, fill that thing up with neps!

Back