What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from adelaide South Australia

G'day , been growing CP's for hhhmm about 18 years seriously but had them for about 24 years , have a very large collection of CP's now day's , slimming it down because of the time it takes to look after them and mobility , my main green house is 27.5 m long and 5 m wide air-conditioned and auto misting and watering, ,my main interest is neps, helis and cephs ,tuber drosera , but have most of every thing else , I also grow orchids and amorphophallus among many other plants
cheers John

Hey John, good to see ya mate,

Welcome to Terraforums.... Im sure you already know quite a few of us ;)

Anxious to learn from ya and see the collection
Butch

im jealous. very jealous---australia has by far the most interesting CPs: petiolaris dews, tuberous dews, those crazy utrics, pygmies, and cephalotus....very nice! like what Butch said, very excited to see your collection and insight into CPs.

Hi Butch , yer ,still working out how to post and put pic's and stuff on here , was looking to put my grow list up but ??? cant figure that one out any hints mate !! its a long in-complete list ,find it hard to get round or feel like updating it must be getting old !!
thanks John

welcome!

John,

post the list in the "growlist" subforum, then open "signature" under quick links and past the link to it there

pictures have to hosted on another site, one of the common photo hosting sites is good enough

Butch

Welcome to Terraforums! It sounds like you've got some good knowledge and pictures to share.

Hi Amphirion, yep its great to grow CP's here no winter snow or frost to worry about , actually i'm off to Cpeh heaven on the 24th Nov for a 5 day field trip looking at drosera and cephs s ,will be studying cephs and all there habitats and growth habits for a few days with vid , pic's and soil testing , sun ECT ECT ,will be very good trip , beats going to Borneo umteen times !! much closer ha ha ah
J

Welcome to TF!
I was wondering when you'd decide to join us.

Welcome to TF!
I was wondering when you'd decide to join us.

Hi Eric , yer well time mainly , being retired dont leave you with a lot of time you know ???

John
thanks all for the welcome guy's , hope I can share my experience with some of you,
J

Hi John,

Welcome to TF! As Butch said, i suspect that you'll recognize a number of folks from the other forums.

Really looking forward to seeing a photo tour of your greenhouse - I bet there's all sorts of drool-worthy goodies in there.

One quick question - when you say your greenhouse is air-conditioned - you mean with actual air conditioning or with version of a swamp cooler?

Welcome

Welcome from Oregon :wave:

Jealous you live where the cephs grow. Looking forward to seeing your collection and learning a thing or two from your experience.

Hi John,

Welcome to TF! As Butch said, i suspect that you'll recognize a number of folks from the other forums.

Really looking forward to seeing a photo tour of your greenhouse - I bet there's all sorts of drool-worthy goodies in there.

One quick question - when you say your greenhouse is air-conditioned - you mean with actual air conditioning or with version of a swamp cooler?

no i mean its air conditioned , i run a house hold evaporative cooler on top on the green house and the cool air is put into the green house by 2 ducting tubes well 3 now at one end all the hot air blows out the other end ,its helps when our temps get over 40c or 110 f i think we do get 45 c days here , helps with humidity too
john

Welcome to TF!

Good to see you here John.

Carl

Benvenuti, John . . .

Nice to see you here John! :wave: Looking forward to learning more about my favorite cp, cephs!

Rob

thanks for the welcome guys , see a lot of users i know all ready , makes it much easier to fit in and not stick out :-D
J

Back