What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! My D. filiformis tracyi doesn't want to live!

I have had this plant for about 2 months from a small division I ordered online. It has not progressed at all, while the others I got in the same shipment are doing awesome. Every so often it will send up a new shoot, and I will be over joyed, only to watch it turn black at the tip at about one or two inches up and then die. I am about to loose it! :censor: All my other drosera are doing awesome except the one that I want the most! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! It is in a 4 inch pot with a 50% peat 50% perlite mix. I receives a little morning sun and full afternoon sun. It also has been living in standing water, which is about to change.

Last edited:
A quick picture might help. However this group of dews might go dormant in the summer depending on the conditions.

ease off on the water a bit until it becomes better estabilished may help? just damp should be ok

well I'm having trouble uploading a picture but I have been easing off the water and a new shoot is progressing and the current black shoot isn't dying all the way so it seems like things are looking up.

Back