What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

collin

Supporter
Hey all.

I'm Collin and I wanted to introduce myself here. I've been lurking for a while (there's a ton of information in this forum) and finally created a profile for the NASC benefit auction. I want to thank everyone involved; that auction was a ton of fun and a great way to get involved in the community.

I'm partial to Lentibulariaceae, especially Utricularia. I can blame a very specific greenhouse in central jersey for this; I walked in to buy a Meyer lemon tree and walked out with that and a fly trap. I then researched other carnivorous plants like crazy, purchased a bunch, and realized that utricularia were the ones for me. It's been downhill since. There have been a couple nights spent reading Taylor's monograph, I'm not proud.

I'm in the planning stages of building a cement planter specifically for utrics, look out for a post about it the following weekend.

That pretty much covers my introduction, let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to talking with you all.

Collin

Hi Collin,
Welcome to TF. Glad to see another Utric grower. That section of TF isn't exactly a high-traffic zone - LOL.

Which species do you grow?

Welcome, Collin. Utrics kind of took me by stealth as well. I'm still not sure how it happened. 'Looks like you have collected a nice group from the auction!

I did manage to pick up some good plants, the NASC auction was great. I added blanchetii, cornigera, graminifolia, and livida to my collection. I also have some sandersonii and longifolia currently growing (and outside of utrics I have a p. juamavensis, d. capensis, a fly trap, a bunch of non-germinating seeds, and plenty of non-carnivores). It's tough to find places to buy utrics, these trades and auctions are awesome. What about you all, what are you growing?

Last edited:
Hey collin welcome aboard! :)

Welcome to TF!

Back