What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone!

My hobby of growing Carnivores is new. My Name is Nancy and I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I grow orchids and wanted some companion plants for them to help keep down the bug population. I have mostly gnats and ants. I have two Sundews, two Northern Pitcher Plants, one Ping, and one Venus Flytrap. I look forward to conversing with all of you because I am such a new grower and I have many, many questions that I hope you-all won't mind answering.

Welcome to TF! You'll learn a lot on these forums :D.

Welcome! There's plenty of answers to be found on TF.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forums please if have any questions on your plants someone here will help you also if you have a gnat or flys sundews are the plant for you mine catch alot when I got them also where are you growing your venus flytrap and northern pitchers?

Hello everyone, and thaks a lot for the wonderful welcome. Bluebird, I grow my plants on a windowsill which extends to a window seat. I have a three teered shelf behind that. Unfortunately I only have a northern exposure. I supplement with lights and my orchids grow very happily in this crazy sounding set up. I have the Purple Pitcher on the window sill and the Sweet Pitcher in the middle of the row of the tiered shelf. I have two Pings, which occupy the top shelf of the tiered shelf and two Sundew, which occupy the window seat and the top tier. It sounds complicated but everything seems to be growing well. The flytrap is on the windowsill. Four of my carnivores are in boxes and I'm in the process of getting them out because their poor little leaves are being pressed to the side of the box and I see a few signs of rot from it. Thanks for the inquiry and I hope to talk to you again.

Welcome, Nancy. I'm a little late, but better late than never, right? lol. I found that Drosera are the best at keeping bugs at bay. Get yourself several D. adelae and you'll be set.

xvart.

Back