What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have pollen: campanulata & tentaculata

schloaty

Staff member
Hi All,

I have some extra pollen from my campanulata available, and I will soon have pollen from my tentaculata.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Dang! It's a bummer you can't cross the two....

How is it that one can store/preserve pollen? How long can it last? This has always been a mistery to me.

Well, most nep pollen will stay fresh for a little while in the fridge.

This camp pollen is proving to be difficult to harvest. The tentaulata pollen was a cinch last time, I just had to shake the scape. This Campy is not so giving. Had to get clever.....but I don't really know how clever I was. I got some so far - but there are still several buds left to open.

Jeff,

I'm actually trying to - I'm using camp pollen on my female campy.

I can go check if the local greenhouse has a flowering maxima, veitchii, or alata. The veitchii is male, unfortunately...

where did you tentaculata originate from? campy seeds eh? i cant wait!!!

Alex

I don't know if he's been on recently, but ask philcula if you haven't already. Mr. Aga may also have a female, and I know Dave Evans does (he doesn't come here AFAIK)

Hi PK, yes, Phil messaged me, and we're all set.

Dave Evan's female is a rooted pup of my female I traded him about a year and a half ago.

Alex, I got my tentaculata as a cutting from Jeremiah via a trade a while back. Never really pitchered much for me (read; at all), but it IS flowering....on its second spike, actually.

It also has a basal shoot growing out, so hopefully that will pitcher for me.

Back