What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday To Tamlin Dawnstar!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Happy birthday, Tamlin. I hope that all that follows is good health and happiness.

I hope that you get a chance to see all of the well-wishes. Thanks for all that you've done for the community. :)

Happy Bday, Tamlin!

Happy Birthday, even though I wasn't here in your time you must've and still be a great member!

THe Hall Of Fame Is a Great Idea!!! Someone should be inducted every year.

Hey, Clint showed up!

Happy B-day Tamlin!

Happy Birthday:banana2::jester:

All the best to you, Tamlin.

Happy birthday, dude!

Happy Birthday!

Tad late, but Happy Belated Birthday! :-O :banana2: :-D :boogie: :jester: :woot: :lol: :D :)

Happy (late) b-day dude! Interesting enough, I found a couple bags of seed sitting in the g/h when I cleaned up a few months ago. I suspect/hope that some of them were D. Tamlin, hopefully I'll soon know. :p
Andrew

Well I'm late...as usual.

Happy (Belated) Birthday!!! I hope it was a good day for you. :)

Thanks so much for remembering and honoring me on my Birthday, and apologies for the lack of my presence of late. Unfortunately things are not good here, and my spirits are low. I am about to become homeless and am trying to make plans for this without money or work. Until things change for the better I will gone from TerraForums since I won’t have internet access in hell, Lol! Well, every cloud has a silver lining and every sunny day a touch of grey. My silver lining is an improvement in my health to the point where I feel I am no longer dying. My hands still don’t work right but my skin integrity has improved and I am thankful for that. I am thankful as well for the love you have shown me over the years. We have done good work together my friends! And I know it will continue without me, like a ripple through time. The so called Tamlin Effect will bring these wonderful plants to other generations long after they have lost THEIR homes, provided you all work at sharing freely what your plants produce vs seeking self profit. I only wish I could continue to be a part of this wonderful work. If things ever turn around for me again I will be back to the place I love best….TerraForums! It’s always been home to me, but I can’t lay me down a pallet on the floor there, y'know? Meanwhile, you are all in good hands here. The advice given regarding Drosera cultivation is usually spot on with little for me to add. There are many good teachers on this forum. It remains essential that teachers teach the skills needed to grow these plants. It is as important as the sharing of plants themselves. You need to recruit new growers and hopefully teach them there is more to the growing than fun and friends, although there is that in plenty here. We all know that Botanical Gardens are good for what they do, but it won’t be these establishments that deliver there plants to the future; it will be the backyard pitcherplant growers, and the kids who are growing them today for their “monster” qualities. It will be done by the little guys who will in time become the Big Guys of the CP world that will make all the difference. It’s the newbies who will keep the ball rolling! Learn to propagate what you have and give it away as many times as you can. Growers come and go, but like the plants themselves there is always a new crop of growers that only need encouragement and education to do the Good Work of preservation of the most wonderful and amazing biodiversity on our planet. A new consciousness has begun that can bring hope to this world, and it has little to do with consumerism and self profit. If it continues it may be the salvation of our world. Most certainly it will lead to the continuation of the plants we all love so much. It begins with you opening your heart and arms to others, and sharing the wealth. Someone once asked me what I would do with a million dollars. I told them I’d continue to grow and give away my plants until I was bankrupt!
Thanks again for all the love you have shown me over the years. If I have ever done any good in this life, the work here at TF was it. As long as I have breath I will come back here. You are all the family I have, you know. May all your days be as bright as you have made mine, my dears. I will miss you all very much, but no matter how dark it gets, you will always be my silver lining!

Beautiful words tamlin, me and i'm sure everyone else wish you the best of luck through this new 'journey' in your life. Thank you for your overwhelming kindness!

All the best! :)

If ever there was a more articulate and honourable person on this (or any other forum) I am yet to meet them!
Email me if I can help you in any way William.
Take Good care.
Blighty.

Back