What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. minor tips please:D

Hello TF members, it's my first time getting an H. minor and it is coming in probably a few days. Some members already gave me tips, but can you guys tell me if this is correct?

H. minor is somewhat a forgiving specie. It likes bright light with cool temps during the day(up to 70degrees Fahrenheit), with a reasonable temp drop at night(if the day has been warm). It likes to be potted in a well draining mix that can stay moist. If that's the case, would a 1:1:1 peat:gubbler mix(course fir bark and perlite):pumice mix work? It loves humid conditions with 70% humidity being optimal, but can be acclimated to lower humidity. When arriving bare-root, it's best to let it soak in water for some minutes. Pitchers and roots are very brittle and is easy to break.

Thank you TF members:)

sounds pretty good to me. I have mine in the basement with a heater(its actually a really big glass cup with an aquarium submersible heater which heats and adds humidity) which I turn off at night for a temperature drop.

here's some of mine (old pics)

DSC00403_zps588eb226.jpg

DSC00492_zps59f29bb8.jpg

I might upload more soon.

Good luck and remember to post if anything goes awry.

I don't know if you've glanced up but Butch's sticky probably answers your questions ... ???

there's an article that's gonna be released by the CPN regarding heliamphora cultivation techniques. i forgot when though, you should keep an eye out on that issue.

More relative humidity, less celcius at night :p

Thanks for all the help guys:D Cool pics you got there, BioZest. I'll post pictures of it when it comes.

there's an article that's gonna be released by the CPN regarding heliamphora cultivation techniques. i forgot when though, you should keep an eye out on that issue.

coolness :D

Back