What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the indians weren't shy..

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Found this today.. The indians must've been proud of what the good lord gave em'!! :0o:

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

It's amazing how you just stumble across this stuff out there.
Great find though!!

Saw some gobblers too!

IMG_1180.jpg

Ah! :3 Cute turkeys :3

Gobblers=Turkeys::Hippity Hops= ?

Well, at least they don't treat it as a burden. :B Do you know what tribe it belongs to by any chance, or is it just decoration?

There used to be a plaque on that sign post at the base. But it's gone and I don't recall what it said.

Probably a fertility symbol..
there are lots of "enhanced" male and female statues representing fertility, or praying for fertility, things like that..its probably not a "bragging" type thing! ;)

Totem poles like that were/are only made and used by the several tribes of the North-West coast..
along the Pacific coast from Washington state, along the Pacific coast of Canada, and up towards Alaska.

http://users.imag.net/~sry.jkramer/nativetotems/

This one looks genuine, and was probably carved by one of those tribes..regardless of where it is now located..

Scot

Last edited:
i think it's an homage to Brett Favre

I honostly didn't think it was a bragging thing.. but it was too funny not to post pics of.

Back