What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Drosera Regia from seed!

Hello all! I haven't been very active on this forum, so this will be my first official contribution!

So yesterday I recieved 10 Drosera Regia seeds from Petar Kostov. To those of you who do not know of Petar, he's a skilled grower from Bulgaria who specializes in Regia and Drosophyllum (in fact, if you've ever seen these species in the ICPS seed bank, they likely came from Petar). I've been in touch with him a few times on the ICPS facebook group, and decided to take advantage of his ebay sale. This will be a journal of my progress (and most likely failure lol).

view

I have sown the seeds in pure long fibered sphagnum moss with the top inch or so consisting of milled sphagnum. The pot was then placed under my lights on my grow shelf in a ziplock bag with the corners cut for heat regulation and air flow. I'm really not treating them any differently from other sub-tropical drosera besides the planting medium at the moment.

view

Well that's it for now. I'll update this once I get germination!

Last edited:
Regia is a great plant and fun to grow from seed. Good luck!

Nice! I got 18 seeds from the ICPS seedbank and now have 1 6 inch plant... That only took 1 1/2 Years! I did the same as you, except I put the pot in the fridge for a week first. Good luck!

charlie

Back