What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow room

simply gorgeous! What conditions do you have those Darlingtonia in? I'm assuming they like the shade of the surrounding plants. Full sun? How do you water the bog?

Yeah they do get a lot of shade for the surronding plants and it is in full sun. Which bog are you talking about? The purp bog has a mound all the plants sit on (horseshoe shaped) and a low area that I water (inside the horseshoe). The low area tells me when the bog needs water. When full it's like a little pond in my bog.

Christ... NICE JOB! :awesome:

Why thank you and you can just call me Greg. :-))

WOW, awesome stuff! Is that dark red/purple Sarr a leucophylla 'Red' x flava v. atropurpurea? I was looking at buying one of those, SO GORGEOUS!

Question, does the negative pressure/air flow in the hydrohut provide enough cooling to keep the temp down from all of those lights? I know from experiance that those lights get SUPER HOT, can't imagine so many of them in an inclosed space. lol. I'm looking at putting something together that's similar, but using that silver sheet styrofoam as walls, and install fans/fogger hose in the sides... Seeing your hydrohut gives me a bit of hope that it'll work out.

WOW, awesome stuff! Is that dark red/purple Sarr a leucophylla 'Red' x flava v. atropurpurea? I was looking at buying one of those, SO GORGEOUS!

It is S. readii x moorei "burgundy"

Question, does the negative pressure/air flow in the hydrohut provide enough cooling to keep the temp down from all of those lights? I know from experiance that those lights get SUPER HOT, can't imagine so many of them in an inclosed space. lol. I'm looking at putting something together that's similar, but using that silver sheet styrofoam as walls, and install fans/fogger hose in the sides... Seeing your hydrohut gives me a bit of hope that it'll work out.

It works well for pulling the heat out of the room. It really only cools if the ambient temps outside the room are cooler (which is not always the case). I put the hydrohut in the garage to keep the temps low during the day and get the huge temp drop at night. Durring the winter it runs between 70-80. In the summer it runs between 80-90. With a temp drop at night to 40 durring winter and 60 durring summer. Not the most ideal conditions, but they seem to grow well this way.

Last edited:
N. ventricosa x spectabilis

DSC02412.jpg

Platy
DSC02413.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

Banta
DSC02416.jpg

Mixta
DSC02417.jpg

thorelii x wittei
DSC02418.jpg

What a healthy looking platy! :)

You sure do have a heck of a lot of nice looking LFS in there! :clap:

Great looking plants, Frill. Definitely going to follow this thread a bit more closely, especially considering our set-ups seem akin to one another.

Back