What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grey furry weblike stuff on my nep soil

Hello,
I have some kind of grey weblike stuff growing on my nep soil. I cant seem to figure out how to post a pic, or I would.
I would describe it as if tiny spiders were spinning very dense webs across my moss. I don't Know what it is, but fungicide wont kill it. I blast it away with water and it comes back.

Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Spider mites? I dont know for sure, you're prolly better off asking someone more experienced. :p

no not mites but thanks for the reply. grey cotton would be another good description.

I agree, it looks like a fungus, but I sprayed it with zyban, and it was not fazed.. So I figure it's either indestructable, or it's not a fungus. Also there are no little spores or anything on the furry cotton candy looking stuff. I am stumped so I am coming to the experts here for help.

It is possible it's just a spider... I have a few living in some of my nep pots and pitchers and they spin their webs over openings in the moss/soil

Back