What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gotta love small town community pride.....

our new editor showed up just before basketball season and since i cant write sports he took up that job too and has had fun with it since the boys have gone undefeated so far this year, all ive heard since Jeff got here is how everyone loves his sports coverage....

the boys went to districts which was 100 miles down the road and we sent Jeff with them to cover it and get pictures......divisionals was last weekend 300 miles away in Shelby and the only way we made that work was cause a friend of ours in Cut Bank a few miles down the road from Shelby let him crash at their place for the weekend cause our first quarter is always the slowest.....

last week happened to be chatting with a friend and local businessman over how we got Jeff over there.....the boys won the divisional championship on Saturday.....early Monday morning he gives my wife a call and asked if we thought we could send Jeff to Great Falls, she told him we barely got him to Shelby last weekend.....

Marvin said "well me and some of the other guys were talking bout that this weekend and if you dont mind, if you can get him a hotel room we would like to take up a collection and cover the rest of his trip as far as food and gas cause we want him there watching it with us and not reporting off the radio....."

Darla said if thats what they wanted to do we would get him a hotel room......so she made reservations and just told Jeff he would be going to Great Falls this weekend and didnt mention the rest of it.....couple hours ago the guys showed up and handed Jeff an envelope and told him they wanted the trip to be on them to make sure he made it there and didnt stress over it...and Jeff was speechless.....

after the guys left he asked my wife why in the hell they would do that, he has been in the newspaper business for longer than my wife has and has never seen this happen....Darla just shrugged and said "Welcome to northeast Montana."

Back