What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibberellic Acid

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
I'm considering purchasing some GA3. I've found a place that sells it for a reasonable price, but can't find any reviews for the site itself. Could any of you recommend a trusted source for some GA3? I don't need much, maybe a gram or half a gram to play with.

Thanks,
Crystal

how has your success rate been with using these products?

On seeds: quite good just about 100%, though seedlings seem to be slower to develop and I have heard that they become more prone to damping off.

On seedlings: Terribly deforms the seedlings, it greatly increases growth and causes large malformation of some pitchers. I tested mine on S. purp seedlings and I had some very twisted growth with pitchers not forming.

Only a little is needed to see results!

Crystal - Lowrie sent some GA3 impregnated paper with our order. It looked like good stuff.

how has your success rate been with using these products?

Didn't Phission Korps find that GA3 also helps produce more nodes on neps?

Cool stuff.

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.

Bella, I actually came across that site but wasn't sure about it either. It's bookmarked for future use.

Jeff, I've heard about the paper before. It sounds interesting. Have you tried it?

frenchy87128, thanks for the information on how it affects seeds and seedlings. That's very interesting. I plan currently to only use it on seeds to skip stratification, but who knows. I may end up trying it out on some seedlings as well. Thanks for the PM, you'll have one shortly.

Back