What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Note: scale is only accurate at the plane of focus

Drosera trichocaulis
cranbrook.jpg

D. helodes
helodes.jpg

D. allantostigma
out_99983.jpg

D. pulchella Salmon Flower
out_99985.jpg

D. scorpioides
out_99989.jpg

D. dichrosepela
out_99991.jpg

D. roseana
roseana.jpg

Last edited:
That's wonderful that you put the scale on them too! Don't usually get that.. just people saying "they're small" which is entirely useless in comparisons like scorpioides vs. paleacea.

They look Great man!!

Now I know how big roseanna gets. They look good.

The plants decline quite a bit during gemmae production since they are not producing trap leaves. You should have seen them a month or so ago. The D. roseana are actually slightly larger but you're only seeing the top third over the pesky moss (since removed).

D. helodes
IMGP1481c.jpg

D. trichocaulis
IMGP1295.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous! This is why I love pygmies. Have you tried growing them in 80% sand? It seems to work well for me. Keeps moss from taking over.

They're like little gems. :-O Especially that D. helodes, I love that one!

The D. trichocaulis is in 100% sand and still gets some moss! D. roseana likes wetter conditions so there is some peat moss in there. I try to start a new colony free of moss each year but always seem to transport some of the spores along with the gemmae.

Well done!

I had no idea d. pulchella was so unusual

awww those are adorable ;). Well done!

Nice! lots of gemmae! Mine just seem to be declining, no gemmae though...

Back