What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRESH D. Dichotoma seeds

___I still have Lots of seed!___ USA only please. I don't have the proper pieces of paper.

A pretty good haul! It took five or six flowerstalks to get this much. Fresh seeds mean that (don't quote me) they don't need stratification (what I was told) and that they sprout and grow faster and better. These seeds are fresh from 11-16-09

Dichotoma seed is hard to get, and hard to collect when you do. Fresh seed sprouts FAST! Mine sprouted in 9 days flat. Two months later, they are already starting to fork!

Here is your seed:

Dichotoma%20seeds.jpg

I have 10 or so trades of 20+ seeds each. Germination is EXTREMELY HIGH (especially if using GA3)

In other words, hard to get...but WAY WORTH IT!

In exchange, I would like seeds, plants or cuttings that I don't have on my grow list.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was under the impression that D. dichotoma was easy to attain, mine self pollinate and set without my intervention.

Oh, I was under the opposite impression. True, it is a relatively common plant, but I thought you had to have genetically different parrents to get seed. Most people have clones, so therefore no seed. Have you grown your seed? It is the only sure way to know. D. Dichotoma seed is very deceptive. It may look like there is seed, but it could be the aborted seed. Real dichotoma seed and aborted seed are very different when you behold them together. I was confused for months on this! But only the real seed grew. Now I know what it looks like :-D

Anyway, this seed is AMAZING to grow, and its super fresh, so I think its worthy of mention. I am new to trading, so please do give me advice.

I'll have to try out the next batch, the seeds I've gotten I gave away with trades that I had. I assumed they were viable since they looked viable. Non viable seeds usually crumble upon touch and are very minute in size. These were fairly large for Drosera seeds.
Found my next experiment :)

Yeah, tell me how it goes. If they "self seed," you have to have genetically different plants, then the insects can polinate them. At least that is what many sources suggest.

But you might have the said different plants

Hey SDCP, I have some sarracenia seeds that are open pollinated from my bog garded, if you're interested.

The two parrent plants that I harvested from are oreophylla and x 'Catesbaei' (or however you spell it. I never remeber, and I'm just too lazy to look it up).

The possible polinators are oreo, pupurea (venosa, I beleive - rescue from Home Depot), rubra, alata , x catesbaei, x doodle bug .....hmmm....perhaps x scarlet bell? don't remember if that one bloomed this year.

Hey schloaty!

I'm already getting plenty of sar seeds that will fill up my prop chamber for some time. BUT, I may want either some more...or other seeds, ie sundew.

Lets take this to PM!

I have seeds of D. indica[Hsinchu Taiwan]
Could exchang wuth you?

Guys, soon it won't be fresh any longer!!!

I will accept almost anything!

Back