What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Neps in San Diego

thez_yo

instigator
You come pick up from me...if you're close to me I might drop by and just drop the plants off if you want them. Please answer today if you want them.

ventricosa X inermis
P6170014.jpg

ventricosa red X carunculata var robusta (from seed)
P6170013.jpg

Miranda
P6170012.jpg

I don't like them, and don't want to haul them up to the BACPS, but will if I don't get any takers here.

Last edited:
Lol. I don't like my Miranda either. I see you have one of those "hasn't pitchered for me in a while" Mirandas. I actually flung mine outside where most of it's leaves have fried and it's strangely beginning to acclimate to full sun out there...

In my case I have one of those "grows too big too fast and sends tendrils and pitchers in between all my pots" Mirandas.

Lol. I don't like my Miranda either. I see you have one of those "hasn't pitchered for me in a while" Mirandas. I actually flung mine outside where most of it's leaves have fried and it's strangely beginning to acclimate to full sun out there...

In my case I have one of those "grows too big too fast and sends tendrils and pitchers in between all my pots" Mirandas.

:-(

Just for that I'm going to figure out a way to ensure my Miranda ends up on your doorstep as an orphan in the near future.

I might be interested in taking your miranda and ventricosa red X carunculata var robusta, though it would have to be SASE too far to pick up. I love my miranda grows consistantly for me, its newest leaf is a little fried but it's acclimating i moved them to the greenhouse awhile ago. Let me know if not thats ok too

if you can't or would rather not ship them, I'll be happy to let them go to someone else too

My Miranda has had absolutely no pitchers since last April! And it's my slowest grower.

I might be interested in taking your miranda and ventricosa red X carunculata var robusta, though it would have to be SASE too far to pick up. I love my miranda grows consistantly for me, its newest leaf is a little fried but it's acclimating i moved them to the greenhouse awhile ago. Let me know if not thats ok too

if you can't or would rather not ship them, I'll be happy to let them go to someone else too

I hate packing stuff and I just got the ventXcarunc a week or two ago so shipping again wouldn't make it too happy. Sorry :-(

Feel free to list the N. Miranda, I'm out of stock on them. I will say when I got mine it took a year to start pitchering, but since then... Even when moving to a different greenhouse it has done great and is easily one of my faves!
Andrew

No problem then ;)

My Miranda has had absolutely no pitchers since last April! And it's my slowest grower.

mines like the opposite, it even produced some pretty nice sized and colored pitchers during the winter months int he windowsill. now its out in the greenhouse were it should get some more light so i'll have to see how it does. for me its a pretty fast grower

You can bring up the second one to the Show and Sale and force someone to babysit it for me. :-))

You can bring up the second one to the Show and Sale and force someone to babysit it for me. :-))

Ya know what? I'll just give you *all* the plants I don't want, muahaha! :devil:

It's essentially just a giant Maxima to me... and Maxima is like the quintessential Nepenthes to cultivate!

It stops pitchering when it gets bigger unless you really pump it with light though, it kind of outgrows it's light source and thats when I had to add supplemental lighting to get mine to pitcher.

I sooo want the vent x inermis! Too far for personal pickup but please ship me and we'll figure it out.
Seriously; cost of shipping, trade, buy, etc. i know shipping is a small pain but PM me and it'll have a good home.

Back