What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excited for the NASC Auction!!!

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
It's getting to the end of February and I'm excited for The North American Sarracenia Conservancy Spring Auction!

What do we know at this point? Let's get some NASC acution dates posted! Let's get some discussion going! What will you donate? What plants (etc.) do you want to bid on?

I'm excited!!! :D

I was going to announce once the move was all done and configured but since you asked... May14-29!

I've got TONS of plants hopefully. I took a good 20 different types of Nep cuttings last fall. I'm starting to see roots and new growth on them so prepare your growspaces!

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully I can find a few engines to fix to get some extra cash before the auction.

Word is getting around and some of us are considering what we will have to offer this year. The auction is always a lot of fun and a great place to find amazing plants and such.

Ooh! I'm looking forward to it!

I've got TONS of plants hopefully. I took a good 20 different types of Nep cuttings last fall. I'm starting to see roots and new growth on them so prepare your growspaces!
😮 after having been following your vlog, I'm super excited 😆 to see what you'll have rooted up!

My move is complete and the new bog is in. I will be looking for Sarrs, VFT and any indoor plants that can take lowland conditions and dry interm conditions (2 different areas)

I was going to announce once the move was all done and configured but since you asked... May14-29!
Thanks!!!! Super excited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some things I'm looking for: Eucalyptus tree, Boswellia sp, Bursera sp, Commiphora sp, Ferns, Ground Orchids, Jewel Orchids, Plant tags (yep, just normal plant tags), and . . . I'll add more soon. :D

EDIT: Actually here is my updated list: What would you like to be able to bid on in the 2021 NASC auction?

Last edited:
At this point I'm considering offering a Drosera squamosa tuber and at least one D. cuneifolia, Silvermine form plant. 'Kind of depends on interest. I might offer a Pinguicula calderoniae plant as well. I could offer Cephalotus f. 'Hummer's Giant' if there is any interest.

At this point I'm considering offering a Drosera squamosa tuber and at least one D. cuneifolia, Silvermine form plant. 'Kind of depends on interest. I might offer a Pinguicula calderoniae plant as well. I could offer Cephalotus f. 'Hummer's Giant' if there is any interest.
I suspect there will always be interest in Cephs. I'm sure there would be interest in the squamosa as well. If I could succeed in getting a tuberous dew to wake up, I know I would be. Still haven't had any luck with D. menziesii. Got a tuber in 2019 that never awakened that winter. Had the pot set aside and out of curiosity dug around this past winter and found a tuber still looking good, but, again, no sign of it trying to wake up.

Back