What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even More Random Sundew Pics!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture005-11.jpg
D. intermedia bud

Picture008-10.jpg
D. spatulata bud

Picture014-2.jpg
D. roundandstickia (1)

Picture019-4.jpg
D. roundandstickia (2)

Picture020-1.jpg
D. burmannii (Dormant?)

Picture027-2.jpg
D. prolifera

Picture030-2.jpg
D. prolifera

Picture032-2.jpg
D. regia

Picture033.jpg
D. regia & callistos?

Picture036.jpg
D. regia

Wow! Nice. Love the D. roundandstickia :)

Yeah... I'd really like to get the right ID's on a few sundews and Sarracenias! I'm rally tired of posting pictures, only to have people say, "That is not a..." But that's how it came to me....

Beautiful plants / pictures; thanks for sharing!

Picture015-4.jpg

Picture018-7.jpg

Picture012-3.jpg

Picture010-10.jpg

D. indica seedling chowing down:

Picture001-17.jpg

A pygmy sundew:

Picture002-9.jpg

Variety Pack:

Picture004.jpg

Picture005-7.jpg

I love the tentacle action of D. indica. :)

What kind of light does your Drosera Capensis receive? Mine appears sick (and has actually died) growing in a variety of light. I've tried full sun (really small and stopped producing tentacles) and then I tried partially sunny (2-3 hours of direct light, the rest of the time is bright light but not full sun) and the sundew died.

I'm going to order another tomorrow, but I want to know how to make them look as healthy as possible. Temperature range, soil, light, etc.

Wow! Those are amazing pics!

This particular plant is just at a window sill. I have others, outside, on the porch.

This particular plant is just at a window sill. I have others, outside, on the porch.

For the windowsill, what kind of light does the plant receive? Does it get any full sun?

It's a south-facing window, so it's getting light from morning to late afternoon.

It's a south-facing window, so it's getting light from morning to late afternoon.

What's the temperature and humidity like?

Temp is around 72 F and humidity is probably around 25 %

Temp is around 72 F and humidity is probably around 25 %

Okay, cool. I'll see if I can grow mine on my bathroom window (it's southwest facing).

I just ordered a new Capensis and an Adelae (along with another Sarracenia and Pinguicula Agnata) yesterday, so they should arrive by Thursday.

I want everything to be perfect.

This was grown in the bathroom window sill:

IMG_0007-1.jpg

I found this with my 'Justina Davis'

Picture070.jpg

Back