What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebayer to avoid

could anyone direct me to the topics concerning this the one ozzy mentions, i'd like to read it.

RSS,
I didn't mean to make it seem like all ebay sellers arent trustworthy, Im sure your ebay feedback score is high, and your transactions are in good faith, along with other "good" cp growers who sell plants on ebay...I guess I should have mentioned that it sends up red flags when someone has no feed back score and is selling rare plants, along with switching alias' on a regular basis, in addition to ebay alerting potential buyers of fraud...

I just get touchy when people start the e-bay is hurting the commercial growers bit. So I probably took your comment out of context.

I agree with Ozzy, when I read all the info the first time, I tried to be incredibly objective, but after reading the whole story, I completely changed my opinion. I also wanted to note that after the plants were stolen, we all immediately said to watch out on ebay, and remarked that whoever stole them would probably wait some time before putting said items up on ebay. Well, as it turns out, apparently they have shown up, after everybody had "forgotten" about the issue. I think him denying being involved, disappearing for a while, and then selling these items on ebay further points the fingers at him. I am incredibly sorry for anybody who had stuff stolen from them. It must be painful to see them being resold right in front of your eyes, without being able to do anything about it. There is a special area of hell reserved for thieves.

I really don't know how someone could live with themselves for doing this. While not proven in a court of law...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck. There is a big stack of evidence against Dom.

Like someone said...KARMA.

Mmm, yah after reading the two threads I have to say the evidence do sound pretty incriminating...

Ironically, today I had my backpack ransacked behind my back in one of the student lounges at my university. The creepy thing is I didn't hear a thing, it was early in the morning and I was the only one in the room, and it happened within a 20-30min time frame while I was at the computers. The next thing I noticed, my bag was gone from the chair I left it on and in a cubical a few feet a way with all zippers open. Luckily I keep my wallet, cell, and keys in my pant pockets, and for one reason or another I forgot to stick my graphing calculator and my camera in my bag for the day. I don't think anything got stolen, nothing really seemed to have been looked into to carefully or removed and the only thing of value, besides my notebooks and course notes was a jar of weight gainer powder, which I guess can be debatable, I personally value my extra 700kcal a day lol.

Well I hope it gets resolved soon, I hate a thief and quite frankly if I saw that person in the act of ransacking my bag, I'm pretty sure someone would of been bloodied up.

i tried my best to defend Dom. He might be innocent still, NOTHING has been proven, but he is guilty of one thing: being felony stupid. He couldve dont so many things to prove him self innocent or at least not to blame, but he didnt. It is easy to find scapegoats. Whether it be Dom or whoever, they are traitors to the CP cause, and im hoping ill see whoever in hell, preferably being eaten by a nepenthes haha.

My concious is clear, i tried, but he was just d-u-m-b.

It must be painful to see them being resold right in front of your eyes, without being able to do anything about it.
It's especially tough for me to read about everything that was done, see that law enforcement was involved and still see the thief able to sell the plants with impunity. He (& how many others?) are able to reap the profits from their loathsome actions. :censor:

It's especially tough for me to read about everything that was done, see that law enforcement was involved and still see the thief able to sell the plants with impunity.

Yeah it bothers me that the legal authorities just brush this aside "because it is just plants." I'd love to see how they felt if they had thousands of dollars of their property stolen... Be it plants or guns or NASCAR paraphernalia... Sickening!

Yeah it bothers me that the legal authorities just brush this aside "because it is just plants." I'd love to see how they felt if they had thousands of dollars of their property stolen... Be it plants or guns or NASCAR paraphernalia... Sickening!
Sorry to be off topic... but:

I often work with police on campus, and during one day while they were bothering me for video footage of someone using a found campus card then buying $12 of soda in a vending machine, I asked what I could do about my $600+ stolen bike. He said that stolen bikes were one of their lowest priorities. (While $12 of stolen soda warranted a full investigation.)

Within one week, I found my bike locked up at a bike rack, with a tune up! Waited for the guy to come out, and made the same cop come out to write up the report in order to return my bike to me.

Law enforcement priorities never really make much sense to me, but anywho...

-Nate.

i tried my best to defend Dom. He might be innocent still, NOTHING has been proven
Lots has been proven in the private sector. You're just not privey to the details.

If the evidence is overwhelming as is stated here, contact E-bay and file a lawsuit against him. Just because the local police can't and/or won't do anything does not mean you are out of options.

It's not my place to contact him I'm simply posting this for everyone's knowledge. If something is going to be done I'll let the persons involved take care of it.

Contact who? Nepix is Dom Gravine. And I have alerted Andy at CPUK

Not defending the ebayer here, but isn't the discussion about onsite sellers -- in any way -- not allowed here?

I would report him to whomever you suspect the items that have been stolen from and let him handle it. It could just be stolen photos.

Edit: ... Wait, were these the ones stolen from the guy who put out the post that was turned into the Amber Alert sticky on the forums?

Edit: ... Wait, were these the ones stolen from the guy who put out the post that was turned into the Amber Alert sticky on the forums?

Yes. So no mod is going to give anyone any guff about posting links about it.

Oh wow!

Well, that's... amazing.

So, who wants to go buy a few of these plants to recover them for him / for evidence against the thief?

Back