What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera trinervia seed (ca. 25 seeds) (Tanukimo $15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Drosera trinervia Stormsvlei Kloof, RSA seed - at least 25 seeds.

This winter growing South African Sundew is one of the easiest to cultivate of the winter growers. It has the distinction of being the widest ranging of all the South African Drosera species.

I find the seeds fairly easy to germinate, no special treatment is needed. Sow them on the media (sand or perlite and peat moss), keep the media very moist almost flooded and the temperatures in the low 70s mid 60s F. Keep the pots uncovered (they won't germinate bagged or covered). And wait 4 to 8 weeks.

These plants will go dormant in the summer all though you can keep some of them from going dormant by keeping them wet. I've never found this beneficial in the long run - the plants won't flower and get out of sync with the seasons and usually end up dying. If they don't go dormant on their own by the begining or middle of fall I cut back on water until they go dormant. I normally let them dry out completely but they seem to tolerate some moisture when dormant.

Winner pays shipping. US First Class in padded envelope. $3.00. US and Canada only. I cannot provide phytosanitary or nursery certificates.

Bidding starts at $2.00

IMGP97791.jpg

IMGP6484.jpg

IMGP3315copy.jpg

Payment received by NASC. Thank you!! :)

Since these are winter growers the winner requested that I deliver the seed at the June LACPS meeting. I will be able to add seed from this year's crop by that time.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Please update this thread when items have been shipped and received. Thank you!

Please confirm whether seeds were delivered as planned. Thank you!!

bump

The June meeting has been postponed to July 18. I have been told by Not a Number that if he is unable to make it to the meeting he will ship the seeds to me.

Auction closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back