What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera rotundifolia

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Big Lagoon, CA
biglagoondocopy.jpg

Little Woahink, OR
woahinka.jpg

Those are two terrific varieties of rotundifolia. I've never seen them before. They look nothing like the ones that I find in my area.

These two you posted have much shorter petioles and broader more succulent trapping leaves then the ones I find. Love it!

The Little Woahink is somewhat polymorphic and when well fed the petioles can get more than twice as long as they are now. These went semi-dormant on me after flowering late summer and took their time before producing nice dewy leaves again so they could be fed.

Very nice looking!

Beautiful plants NAN. The california rotundifolias are my favorite. Looks like you are growing them in 100% LFS?

Yes, the Big Lagoon is in domestic long fiber sphagnum. People sneer at the quality but when it comes to life it is a thin slender species to begin with.

The Little Woahink is in the local Sphagnum moss it is found growing in. Unfortunately it dried out a bit during the record heat wave and is just recovering but it is the most colorful and vigorous Sphagnum I've ever grown.

Yes, I've found only pure LFSM will make them really happy!

I have some from OR, they're my favorites! The california ones are great too.

nice, they look great when they are all together!, congrats for keeping them like that!

Yes, these are great forms of D. rotundifolia. I'm happy to say I have now re-united Woahink sundew and Sphagnum; thanks Warren. Anyone have any California Sphagnum? Neat to have with location.

Back