What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I figured I'd start a photo thread.
First up, Nepenthes tobaica x (sanguinea x khasiana)

Nepenthes reinwardtiana green
When I first got this plant it wasn't vining and was only a few inches tall. It has gone on to vine for me during this winter, and produce all of it's pitchers in highlands conditions. Interestingly, only one pitcher has eye spots.

Nepenthes sanguinea - orange
I rescued this plant from a walgreens store, it was on the cosmetic aisle, half dead, and crammed onto the very bottom shelf. I've had this plant over 6 years.

Nepenthes graciliflora, formerly Nepenthes alata "Boschiana Mimic"

Drosera aliciae from seed

Nice looking very good. The N. reinwardtiana is especially impressive. Good work.

A nicely-grown collection. Those are certainly some happy D. aliciae. And how many people grow Nepenthes that they got from their Walgreen's store?

Thanks guys! Here are some more photos.
Nepenthes stenophylla - Bareo

Nepenthes "Velvet"

Nice plants! Your N. reinwardtiana is fantastic, and I love the color on that N. tobaica hybrid. What are your growing conditions?

Nice plants! Your N. reinwardtiana is fantastic, and I love the color on that N. tobaica hybrid. What are your growing conditions?
I grow my plants on a card table. For lighting I have a six tube T5 fixture by Sunleaves. There are switches on the back of the fixture so I can have two bulbs on, four bulbs on, or all six on. I grow my plants with only four bulbs on and their foliage is plenty red. My temperatures vary wildly. The plants aren't in any sort of terrarium, and the place I'm at has little insulation. A few days in the winter I woke up and could see my breath inside my house. The past month temperatures in my house have probably been around 70-75F days with 55-60F nights.

Nice to see what can be done without a terrarium/grow tent/greenhouse!

I've since lost all these plants except Nepenthes graciliflora. If Any one has a cutting of Nepenthes evening light tobaica x (khasiana x sanguinea) please let me know.

Well time to update this old thread instead of creating a new one. I'm really excited about this u common hybrid between two common species.
N. sanguinea x ventricosa

Attachments

• received_438842041521948.jpeg
    received_438842041521948.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 6
  • received_1275357679935421.jpeg
    received_1275357679935421.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6
Back