What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. schizandra (afrodisa $27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- D. schizandra - I included one in the 'Sisters' combo but based on this request - here's another ...

My 2 cents (fwiw) - I've grown a variety of dews. D. regia is an impressive plant and obviously earned the nickname as the king. However, based on sheer impressiveness, I don't think D. regia has anything on a well-grown, healthy D. schizandra. A few years back, I started to regularly feed one (& another a bit less intensively) over the winter season when our house is naturally cool (documented in this thread). Even though I'd been growing this species for a few years at that point, I was extremely impressed with the growth. I ultimately stopped feeding because 1) the plant was hitting the inside of it's enclosure on all sides, 2) it had successfully flowered & 3) warm weather had arrived. I think this species is a no-brainer to be labelled as the Queen of the Dews. Since this plant did not reach it's full potential, I'm curious just how large one can get? **

Original mother plant (NOT the plant in this auction)
Dschizandra3-4view041810RS.jpg

Flower of original mother plant (NOT the plant in this auction) Notice the pollen peeking out from the split anthers that give the plant its name.
Dschizandraflowertop041810RS.jpg

Plant in auction
Dschizandranasc040413RS.jpg

** on the flip side, the species has a well-deserved reputation for being difficult. I recommend becoming familiar with it's requirements should you want to grow it.
- Bidding starts @ $2.
- Buyer pays shipping - which is estimated to be ~$6. If you win more than one of my auctions, I will combine shipping to reduce costs.
- USA only.
- Please plan to pay within 24 hours of auction close.
- For questions or suggestions, I can be reached @
Emailaddressasimage.jpg

Last edited:
$2.00

Thank you Ron!! :-D :boogie::hail:

$25.00

The NASC has received payment for this item so you are clear to ship! Thanks for supporting the conservancy :)

Package shipped today and tracking info should be emailed directly from USPS.

Email with postage reimbursement information has been sent.

I hope everything grows well for you!

Last edited:
Plants arrived in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back