What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.Regia seeds & Fungicide

About 13 days ago i spread some D. regia seeds on top of some finely chopped lfs, ontop of the substrate and today i noticed their was gray mold in different spots on the top of the sphagnum, can someone recommend a good Fungicide to spray on the seeds or the surface. That will not harm the seeds.

Regards :-(

Usually fungus doesn't do anything to seeds. If it gets bad, use a bit of hydrogen peroxide.

sulfer spray is usually fine and works well.. i used it on my various drosera seeds without a problem.. fungus CAN kill seeds if left unchecked.

Cinnamon is great for preventing mold and fungus on seeds. After sowing, I sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon (the spice) right on top. It does not hinder germination. It should also kill mold and fungus that has already formed as well. I had sown some seeds about a month ago and thought I could get away with not using it. It seems to have worked on killing the gray mold that I had popping up.

Good luck!
Crystal

What about mixing trichoderma into soil and spraying the surface of the soil with sown seeds with trichoderma solution?

That would work too, good suggestion gill :).

I have some drosera seeds and cephalotus sprouts. Will the cinnamon kill the young cephalotus sprouts?

I use Physan 20...doesn't seem to bother the sarracenia seeds and its saved a few sprouts from death..

Physan 20 will burn Pinguicula and will probably cause chemical burns on Drosera seedlings. Sulfur fungicides are probably your best bet.

Search youtube for "Safe Fungicides for Carnivorous Plants" for more information. This is another CP vendor's video so I won't link or embed it here.

Back