What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. dichotoma 'Giant' leaf cuttings giveaway

I've got some extra leaves to make cuttings out of, if anyone's interested. I've had pretty decent success rates (around ~70%) striking these by floating them in some pure water in indirect sun. Portions will be 2-4 leaf blades depending on how many people sign up, I can also chop up the petioles and put them in if you want but I generally haven't had much success with them. I'll leave the leaves whole, you can size them to smaller portions if that's how you prefer to strike Drosera leaf cuttings. These will be sent in moist paper towels with some padding. I also have infinite amounts of typical D. capensis that I can toss in, let me know if you want them (doubtful). Shipping is on me. Start the list below and PM me your address:

Wonderful giveaway!
I have a few leaf cuttings of D. dichotoma 'Giant' from Kevin but I wouldn't mind relieving you of some capensis. ;)
I've found (very recently) that petioles will produce less robust plantlets in more numerous numbers but at a slower rate than actual leaf cuttings. You just have to float them around a little bit longer! :-O

I wouldn't mind relieving you of some capensis. ;)

Sure thing! Would you like whole plants or leaf cuttings (less chance of hitchhikers that way, I recently found U. subulata in some of my capensis pots and I don't want to accidentally give anyone the equivalent of plant herpes...:0o:)

Whole plants, already infested with the subs. :-O Wouldn't be so bad if they would actually flower!

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind more potentially coming your way, then...PM me your address!

Anyone figure out how to make that thing flower? All they've done for me is make those ugly cleistagamous flowers...

I had it flower once in a closed container. It has never flowered for me outside but maybe because it was more humid in that container it flowered. Pretty large flowers too.

Wow Sounds great!

I'll take a few Dichotoma leaves. Whatever you're willing to part with. And, Why not, I'll take a few Capensis. I already have a few, but there's nothing wrong with increasing the genetic diversity. -- Thank you for the offer.

Everyone who has PMed me so far, your plants have been shipped. Giveaway is still open for two more people.

I'll take a few D. capensis! Pm'd!

I've got enough capensis left for one more portion. Next person gets 'em!

All the plants are accounted for. Thanks everyone!

The plants got here today. Thank you!

Back