What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerns about theft

Hi,

I'm probably just a bit paranoid after reading several posts here about plants being stolen. Today a couple of cable guys stopped by my parents' house to fix our internet and were mesmerized by my plants as well as my turtle/tortoise collections, all of which live outside on our backyard patio. My dad happily showed them and described all of them to these guys and they whipped out their cellphones to take some pics. One of them even knew what pitcher plants were.

Since I don't live with my parents, what are some possible deterrents or precautions I can install? Lights, warning signs, Ed-209s (Robocop)? Am I just being a suspicious grouch? The last time I showed a stranger (apartment maintenance) my plants I ended up giving him a VFT and sundew, to which he graciously left on my doorstep next day a whole box of bottled spring water to me free of charge.

Thanks.

I think your being a little paranoid. Most people react the same way with cp's! I don't think they will take your plants. That being said a motion light wouldn't hurt either!

hahah yea, that's what i thought too after i had time to think about it. Nonetheless, my mother will be bringing in my exotic tortoises into the house for the nights this week.

Back