What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

civic

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date

uphwiz

jimmy
not something i do every day , but am proud of my new toy had it about two months ,
its my third civic i bought all of them new , and drove the first 10 years and the second 14 years, hope to do the same with this one .

civic.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

I was the owner of old 1999 civic 4door. Great car. It was just a tin can with wheels but it was fun to drive and comfortable too. Until it was rear ended and totaled. Then I shelled out and purchased new 2007 Civic coupe. This car is nothing but trouble.

I had the struts fail first. Both of them, one after another one month after purchase. Then the seat started making squeaking noise. Then, steering fluid was leaking. Then sun visor fell off. Then engine mounts ripped, the car was shaking like a leaf in a wind. Then AC died and is still dead. Then I had electrical problems resulting in Battery discharging overnight (changing batteries did not help).

I drive strictly highway, smooth roads. I'm not a maniac and try to always drive carefully. This car PISSES ME OFF. It is off the warranty and I can't wait to get rid of it. Maybe I got a lemon, unlucky, but I swear I will never ever buy another Honda ever again!

My next car is Camry.

P.S. Sorry I'm venting in your thread. I do hope that your car will be a great purchase and you will not have any of the issues I've had. I really do!

Last edited:
Congrats! I like the new body styles a lot! Just some friendly advice I would probably block out your license plate number..

Venting is fine, though I doubt the Camry is going to be much better than any Honda on the market, Im just guessing but you probably got a lemon ???

I did love my 1988 hatch back civic,
and also my tin can with wheels 1998 4 door civic,
i havent drove this one that much yet , but if it falls apart tomorrow I will buy another Civic , 24years of perfect service other than brakes oil and a couple timing belts cant be wrong.

I have heard of other people w? some kind of electrical problems with the 06 and the 07 model, I do hope they have worked it out ,

Sweet ride Jimmy!
icon-thumbsup.gif

thats a great looking car..

Im a big Honda Civic fan too..
My first brand-new car was a '97 Civic:

i-3rMvdK7.jpg

Scots '97 Civic in 2007

best quality car I ever owned..
literally *nothing* went wrong in 10 years! only basic maintenance items (brake pads, etc)
not one single unexpected repair or break-down in 10 years..amazing car..
(and it was made in the USA! in Ohio)

Red, 2-door, standard, sunroof, CD player..I was 28 and single when I bought it,
it was a great car for that time in my life.
drove it for 10 years then gave it to my Dad!
it's still on the road..

Definitely my 2nd favorite car..(My favorite car will always be my first car..my 1981 Mustang I bought in 1988 when I was 19 years old..)

scots-mustang.jpg

Scots '81 Mustang in '88

The wife and I bought a '09 Ford Focus a few years ago..
but I will definitely consider another Civic in the future..
always wanted an Accord too..

Scot

Big Civic fan here also. My 1st car was a little blue civic (maybe a '71?). Then had some Mazda's (626) which were ok but not great. Got a Civic Vx (maybe a '94 or so) which was absolutely fantastic. I commuted ~75 min each way, each day so I wanted a fuel efficient, reliable car - great on both counts - averaged 40-43 mpg commuting. I loved that car!

Now we have a Honda Fit. Good car but made for idiot Americans who don't like to shift - definitely needs a 6th gear for cruising on highways.

I've had several American cars (Dodge, Chevy) and Mazda & Toyota - Honda is easily better than any of them - not even close imo. :-O

Jimmy - that's one sweet looking ride. Congrats! :hail:

Back