What's new

Rokosauros

Edward
AT LAST, I got my ceph. I've grown this species once before, but I killed it after leaving it in it's water tray for a long long time.....:( Now though, I'm quite happy with this plant that I bought. Came at a nice size for RM60 (thats 20 USD to you folks out there). I don't expect it to grow huge pitchers or stunning colouring under my hot tropical weather but I'm crossing fingers for at least a fairly reddish pitcher. :-D

001-1.jpg

The whole plant. Cute :blush:

002.jpg

Err....that coin is about 1.3 cm-ish in diameter. :0o:

003-3.jpg

Talk about roots. I snapped one eeny weeny bit off. Oh well. :-O

004-3.jpg

Had this crazy idea of using aquarium sand as the topping. About 1/2 inch. Oh well. :banana2:

005-2.jpg

NO one can resist leaf/pitcher pullings. Admit it!

I'm so happy right now!!!!!! :lol:

Smitty

Plant Ninja
That is a nice looking ceph for 20 dollars!! It should be a head turner when it gets up and running again.

One question though...Why give it such a transplant beat down since it came potted up?...They are tough though.

Man if I could find me some of those for 20 a pop I would have me a table full. :)

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Talk about value. Good luck with the leaf pullings.

xvart.

Rokosauros

Edward
One question though...Why give it such a transplant beat down since it came potted up?...They are tough though.

They didn't come all potted up. Arrived bare rooted at the nursery, the owner who is a good friend of mine potted it in LFS and then about two days later (which is today) I collected it. I don't really trust LFS on cephalotus though :nono:. It's now potted in 50% peat moss, 25% perlite and 25% aquarium sand.

FYI, YG is a nursery in Malaysia located in Cameron Highlands (which is famous for growing tea plants). They sell TONS of the fairly common neps in Malaysia (ventrata, rebecca soper, truncata etc) I think about two to three years back, they started selling cephalotus. Otherwise, I would have never thought of getting one, imagine the hassle needed to transport one here to Malaysia from somewhere, say FlyTrapShop? :D

Nepenthes sold in Malaysia are extremely cheap. For instance, you can get a ventrata for 5 USD which has 3 inches tall pitchers. :-D benefits of being near Borneo.