What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnvirorous plant Art

I've been living up to the name for 4 years now. See the avatar? That's not digital, that's a wearable piece made almost entirely out of wire, made entirely by hand.

Dex, the first drawing gave me a funny idea for a wood chipper or snow blower.

I do occasionally do some pencil drawings when the urge strikes. My latest attempt was a N. klossii pitcher from Carnivorous Plants And Their Habitats:

Nice, it's always good to see a N. klossii of any kind!

I call it:

Hamata Valentine.

Hamatamirrored2.jpg

thread resurrection time. :boogie:

started to get back into traditional art. N. edwardsiana seemed to be a good start off...
still a work in progress. still tweaking some details.
_MG_6616.png

I need to do some illustrations, too.

Nice eddy! I've done some sketches of neps but could never draw any of those toothy peristomes... Anyway, here are a few sketches, (which I already posted somewhere) and a few ceramic flytraps.

DSC02969.JPG

DSC02692_001.JPG

DSC02700_002.JPG

DSC03826.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

Yup, they were my inspiration!

oohhh i like that :) here's mine:
1_zps2533154e.jpg

2_zps60ce54f1.jpg

Millipede I love your glassworks. They're amazing.

Thank you for necromancing this thread amph, love your painting it's great. Love all the artwork posted here. Very cool stuff!

Alright guys so I have some stuff to dump up here. I am a bit more into computerized art because I am a bit of a computer geek and because I am not like *super* talented in artsy stuff otherwise (although I might add some of my attempts later).

These were both rendered in blender
some parts of the app image were made in gimp.

So here is an image made for an app I am developing for NECPS(a thread will come soon) its also my avatar:
AppImageLarge_zps4c14f096.png

btw sorry about the insanely high res...you can get a bit excessive when you have no limits because of a camera.

I also made a nep base mesh. I just tried to sculpt the basic form of any given nep as a starter point for modeling more intricate species:
untitled_zpsccd298a4.png

untitled2_zps8fea581a.png

If anyone wants to get this model just pm me and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
I'm not that familiar with computer design. What exactly is a base mesh and what would one do with it?

@dex: 3-d modeling. a base mesh is basically a starting point from which all your projects can derive from. rather than working from scratch every single time, you would start from the base and tweak it to your custom project's demands. you could save hundreds of hours of work this way.

@dex its pretty much just as amp said. It just would help on a project were you might be modeling multiple species of neps to use as a starting point rather than to try and remodel a base for each species. When you make things recyclable (mostly in computers) you can save an immense amount of work. Also there isn't really anything that makes it specifically a 'base mesh', it is the same as any 3d model, just less detailed

Back