What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carn. Plant Info Speech help

Hey All,
I am currently working on putting together a powerpoint for an informative speech I am giving on Carnivorous plants and their different trapping mechanisms. For brevities sake I am condensing it into 3 sections: pitfall traps, snap traps and sticky traps.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing donate the use of their pictures in my presentation. I will only use them for this one time presentation to my college classmates and none would be reproduced or distributed for any other reason and of course I will give credit to you for the photo.
Any help with some good photos will be much appreciated!
Thanks to all in advance!

You want me to give you a few photos?

Absolutely, I would appreciate anything anyone is willing to offer.
PM me or whatever is the best method for you. And please keep them coming! I especially need some good pics of an upclose shot of a fly trap and the trigger hairs, sticky traps (sundews and pings) and any particularly good shots of pitchers (whether sarrs, neps, or helias). Thanks again! Also make sure to give me the name you would prefer your photo to be credited to on my slides.
Thanks!

Think I've got a few pics that demonstrate some of those...

If you decide to use any and need a bigger one of any of them, let me know.

img5597.png

Self-explanatory.

1%20(4)%20-%20Copy.JPG

Sticky.

1%20(1)%20-%20Copy.JPG

Trigger hairs.

1%20(38)%20-%20Copy.JPG

Showing trigger hairs.

I know some around here, pygo in particular, have some amazing shots of bugs falling into Nepenthes. Check out this series of shots by pygo. I think, too, thez_yo had a great shot of somethin' falling in. Try contacting them for some shots that most excellently demonstrate that trap method. You can also check out pygo's "my Dionaea" thread for some absolutely spectacular shots of trigger hairs and flytraps in general. Of course, like I said, definitely ask for permission before you use them, though. ^.^

Those shots are absolutely amazing Reaper!!!!!!! If I use em, which I couldn't see not, because they are great!! How would you like them to be credited?

If you think those are good, you definitely need to check out the links I posted, LOL. If you want to put a small "Photo by Kyle Krutil" or something below the picture, that's fine. Not a big deal, though. Perhaps a "Photo by Kyle Krutil @ www.terraforums.com." That way, if any of the audience is interested by carnivores, they can come here. ;p

EDIT: It would also be cool if you got enough pictures here to be able to put at the end or beginning something like "All photos by members of the www.terraforums.com community." ^.~

Thanks everyone! Will definitely credit everyone who I use a pic from and I will definitely let the class know to come here if they have any interest!

Hey All,
I am currently working on putting together a powerpoint for an informative speech I am giving on Carnivorous plants and their different trapping mechanisms. For brevities sake I am condensing it into 3 sections: pitfall traps, snap traps and sticky traps.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing donate the use of their pictures in my presentation. I will only use them for this one time presentation to my college classmates and none would be reproduced or distributed for any other reason and of course I will give credit to you for the photo.
Any help with some good photos will be much appreciated!
Thanks to all in advance!

I have done this speech before too lol. When I did it I had a brief part about what a carnivorous plant is, because just showing them species without actually telling them why they are catching bugs is kinda bad.

Back