What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cacti Identification

Greetings all, my wife bought me this sweet little cactus plant for christmas and I am not sure how to care for it yet.  I am not sure how often to water it or anything.  If anyone can ID it for me then I can do some research on it.  Thanks in advance.

IMG_2561.jpg

make sure those things aren't super glued onto it.

At first I thought your statement was nuts but then I took a really close look at them and low and behold the so called flowers were glued on there. That is a really underhanded thing to do.

Some people will do anything to make a buck , including glueing flowers on plants.Wish that i knew more about cacti to help in IDing your plant. Oh try thr garden web there are some very good cacti IDer's on there
Lois

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Cereus tetragonus
aka Fairy Castles
It grows into a moderately large cactus, maintanable in a pot. The pot will fill with littler ones you see and it gets a sort of castle look to it.
Bright light - Full sun
water thoroughly and then allow to completely dry before watering again.
Grows mostly during the Spring, Summer and Early Fall
Fertilize with higher Nitrogen in Spring for growth and early-mid June (N. Hemisphere) with higher Phosphorus for blooms in July/August.
Withhold water for a couple months during the Winter, with household temperatures should suffice for yearly blooming.
Flowers are white, nocturnal. Unsure of fragrance.

Joe

Back