What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugweed

• Thread starter Sarra100
  • Start date
Does somebody knows what is happend to Bugweed ?
I have not heared from him for a long time.
Greetings
Gerd

No one is being specific but it seems like he is going through some bad times. There is a lot of speculation on what exactly "bad times" are. Maybie he is having health problems, or maybie money problems who knows. Whatever it is, it's kept him away from the forums for a while now.

It sucks with him being gone like this. I kinda miss his little one-liners he would shoot out every so often. Hopefully he will be back soon.

What ever it is. I hope he is going better, soon.
Greetings
Gerd

I heard that he' having some bad computer problems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Sep. 04 2006,11:53)]I heard that he' having some bad computer problems.
Maybe, does no one lived in his near to help him ?
Greetings
Gerd

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sarra100 @ Sep. 04 2006,12:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Sep. 04 2006,11:53)]I heard that he' having some bad computer problems.
Maybe, does no one lived in his near to help him ?
Greetings
Gerd
From what I understand there are a lot of people here that have his phone number and can just call the guy. Thats why I think this is a lot deeper than just a broken PC. For him to disappear like he did it must be some very serious kind of situation.

You also have to think about why no one who knows him personally has stepped up to the plate and let us know the deal. If it was something as simple as a broken PC I'm sure enough people here have spare PC parts they could send him. But if it were a really bad situation then Bugweed's pals would keep it on the low like they have been.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe, does no one lived in his near to help him ?

Many members on these forums, myself included, would love to help him in that department but nobody can really get a hold of him. Computer problems may be low on his list of priorities at this time.

VERY good point copcar. wow, if he's having money problems, then his friends that know him personally would say "he's having money problems." that's nothing to keep secret. very very strange.

if he doesn't want us to know then it's not out business. i feel like i'm living on Wisteria Lane
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It's sad that he is having problems but he still has my money. Now that is bad business to me. Seeing as though we worked out a deal back in Febuary. He was still around for a couple months after that. No excuse for this. So if anyone has a phone number I can call his guy at that would be great if I could get it. I'm a nice guy but if you hurt my family or take my money I'm not so nice.

chill out. it'll work itsself out.

maybe you have bad karma
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ Sep. 04 2006,5:56)]It's sad that he is having problems but he still has my money. Now that is bad business to me. Seeing as though we worked out a deal back in Febuary. He was still around for a couple months after that. No excuse for this. So if anyone has a phone number I can call his guy at that would be great if I could get it. I'm a nice guy but if you hurt my family or take my money I'm not so nice.
agreed...chill out. hes been in this situation actually way before the auction i believe. its a couple of dollars. its not going to kill you. buggie's and honest guy, if he gets out of this hell pay ya back even if you dont remember.
Alex

And besides didn;t all the money for the Auction go to the organization and not to Bug.  So Chill out Murphy.  How much are you out anyways?  I'm sure its not much.  I take offense when someone tries to kick one of my fiends while they are down.  So really what I am saying if you have a problem with Bug then you have a problem with me too!  Bug has not done anything but help people on this forum.  Myself included, and I do not believe you were stiffed intentionally.  There is an old saying SH*T HAPPENS.  You didn't get stiffed on purpose.

I think everyone needs to chill out.

If money is owed, then that's not on, but I'm sure it's sortable and there's a good reason. Aggressive talk is not the best way to raise this problem, I think enough aggro has been returned now.

Somebody please PM Murphy with Bug's number, otherwise send me a PM and I'll find out.

If you don't mind my asking how much money are you concerned with JMurphy?

Here's my two cents, I also sent Bugweed money for plants I have not received back in the spring.
I'm not worried about the money, it wasn't very much anyway.
But I am worried about Bugweed if something is indeed wrong.
I'm fairly new to this board but based on what I have read Bugweed is quite trust worthy.
I have no doubt Bugweed will send these plants when/if he can do so.

walter

Thats what I'm thinking. Something REALLY bad must have happend to him. Thats the only excuse.

If something bad happened to me and I had already recieved money from others for plants, how hard is it to package them up and send them out? Come on thats only like an hour out of your life right? And not only that but imagine just how much bad luck would keep you from logging on to the forum and saying "Hi". For someone who used the forum pretty much every day to completly STOP everything it must have taken a LOT of bad luck to get to that point.

I can only imagine the amount of S**t that hit the fan and stopped bugs from posting. Thats what REALLY has me worried. Lets hope he's OK

Does anybody live near him or know him well enough personally to call him?

I've been debating whether to post this, but it appears there are quite a few concerned parties who should know: On 8/27 Steve's phone number (at least the number I have) was out of service, and no one answered the door at his residence or responded to my note, although everything looks normal and inhabited from the exterior.

If anyone has productive information, or a logical reason to remove this post, please email me.

I hope we hear from him soon... I miss his advice and humor. I'm really getting concerned.

Bugs has been at this longer than any of us. He's a good guy who cares about carnivorous plants and carnivorous plant growers. I don't know what's happened to him, but if he owes plants to people, I can't imagine that he's going to try to sneak off without paying for them. Give me a break - he'll practically force you to tell him your mailing address if you let on that you don't have his dwarf T-form D. dichotoma.
For those of you worried about your plants; Bugs will keep them alive until they can be shipped to you. For those of you worried about him; I'm worried too, but it's not polite to start rumors about him flaking out on trades just because there's been unexpected trouble. It's obviously something beyond him simply dropping the ball, so have some compassion. I think we should just agree that his presence is missed and needed and leave things at that.
~Joe

Back