What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonus drosera

I was looking at my S. alabamensis form the ICPS sale and noticed this little guy. I have no clue what it could be. Any guesses.

Mys Dro1.jpg

Mys Dro2.jpg

Thanks

seedlings are really tough, but that look like my adelae seedlings. could really be anything, though. Guess I'm not too much help!
tounge.gif

I found one more yesturday, even smaller. I've transplanted them in thier own pot and I will post again when they are bigger. I will probably post on the CP listserver as well to see if Barry or John knows what they had growing near the Sarrs.

Thanks Schloaty your guess is better than mine, I have no ideas at this point.

Yeah its a little small to tell but it looks spatulata-ish to me. Since adelae don't seed too easily, I'm not sure if it would be that. Other rosetted sundews are often tossing seed every which way.

I just had the same thing happen. Bought a sarra and found a little 'dew in the pot. Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be. Its too small right now to get any kind of good photo or ID on it.

I call them a "gift with purchase".
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

Well, I can safely say that is NOT a spatulata, but otherwise, no clue. Oh and it's not capensis or alicea either. After hundreds of hours spend staring at my seedlings, I learned what they look like, granted I killed most of them two weeks ago because I'm a moron, but I still remember what they looked like... What kind of digital camera is that?

Hi Darcie,

It's not my camera but one I borrowed from work. It is a Sony Malvectia or somthing like that. It doesn't have a conventional viewfinder but a big LCD display on the back of the camera instead.

I'm stuck in the past. I still use 35 mm for all of my camera work but my scanner is not working so I had to borrow the camera to post here.

This is a seedling of Drosera burmannii, or if you are really lucky, Drosera sessilifolia. I would go with the former as it is a common and weedy species, D. sessilifolia is nearly identical in form, but is much more rare.

Funny, burmannii would have been my guess. I have some. They have the wierdest leaves, they get more broad at the ends than most species, thats what gave it away for me.

I thought burmani might be a candidate based on looking at pictures on the web but I'm most definately not an expert plus I'm not yet growing burmanii. I have seeds but haven't started then yet. I posted on the CP listserver maybe Barry or John will know what they had growing next to the alabamensis in the UC Davis greenhouse.

I would like to thank everyone for thier thoughts. So far everyone has been able to ID everything I've posted except the pesky N. tobaica (maybe) in the plant ID forum, I'm still not sure on that one. Better picture would probably help on that one.

Thanks again, when they get bigger I will post again confirming everyones ID. I'm leaning towards burnmanii.

Hello,
First looking at the pics burnmanii popped in my mind, so i would guess burnmanii. Funny, I found 6 seedling drosera to in my N. Alata pot. I have no clue what they are, and my digi doesnt have that good of close-ups, way to go,
Kevin

Back