What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beef Jerky Giveaway

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
One of my favorite non plant pastimes is cooking on my Big Green Egg. With going into preacher mode, suffice it to say that it's an amazing smoker. I think that saying I make really good jerky isn't bragging, it's a statement of fact. I leave any higher praise for it to others. Up for grabs is a couple choice pieces, will be a couple ounces. Consider that it takes about 4 oz of beef to make an ounce of jerky. This isn't your convenience store/supermarket stuff. I start with top round london broil, trim away all visible fat, and slice it a bit thicker. Marinated for a day or so and then smoked and dried over a 180 F cherry wood fire. Please be aware that it is made to my own taste. I like black pepper. I put it on corn flakes. Ok I don't put it on corn flakes, but I do put a hell of a lot on my jerky, so think before you enter! As usual this offer is open only to contributing members of the community located in the US. However due to the nature of this giveaway, vegans are strongly encouraged to refrain from entering. Postage is on me.

Last edited:
1. Sashoke - Holy crap thanks for this giveaway, I was actually craving beef jerky today..

1. Sashoke - Holy crap thanks for this giveaway, I was actually craving beef jerky today..
2. Knuckles - Sweet mother of neptune I would love to try some. Jerky is a necessity! I have 2 travel a few hours to get good jerky. :drool:

This is certainly the most unique giveaway I've seen on this forum.

Just turned it. Might get a pic up tonight. As if even one of Whimgrinder's amazing photos could begin to do justice to beef jerky. It's not really an eye thing........

Not entering (because I just polished off my share of this stuff) but, I can attest to it's awesomeness !

2. Knuckles - Sweet mother of neptune I would love to try some. Jerky is a necessity! I have 2 travel a few hours to get good jerky.
3. Pearldiver - Sounds great!

2. Knuckles - Sweet mother of neptune I would love to try some. Jerky is a necessity! I have 2 travel a few hours to get good jerky.
4. DragonsEye -- Dang! Been years since I last had any jerky. (And that last time it was the crappy store bought stuff. ... Yeah, I know, but I was desperate.)

A unique giveaway indeed!

4. DragonsEye -- Dang! Been years since I last had any jerky. (And that last time it was the crappy store bought stuff. ... Yeah, I know, but I was desperate.)
5. Ngantnier-awesome giveaway!

6. David F -- cow fooood

6. David F -- cow fooood
7. Aerogrower..sounds amazing!!

Wait ... you have a non-plant pastime? :)

6. David F -- cow fooood
8. jlechtm - thanks :)

6. David F -- cow fooood
9. Ps3isaweosme - nowayyyy this is too cool

6. David F -- cow fooood
9. Ps3isaweosme - nowayyyy this is too cool
10. gnathaniel -- yes, please

Ok folks, my grandson has spoken, and the winner is #6, David F. Pm me your info and I'll get the goodies out in the next day or two. Thanks to all who entered!

Omg amazingly enough this giveaway means a lot to me. I'm off interning with Phil Sherridan at Joseph Pines, an extension of the Meadowview Biological Research Station's efforts. We're living on a monthly stipend and meat is pretty expensive! This is perfect for us.

Congrats David! If it were me they would be gone in a day :burp:

Congrats, David!

Back