What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B52

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Just a quick couple shots of one of my B52 flytraps.
Been meaning to get this on here for a few weeks, just haven't had much time.
It's the first year that it really started showing what it's got. Truly an amazing plant!
JMatt

dsc05750r.jpg

dsc05738e.jpg

Very nice.

No matter what I have growing outside, I always seem to stare at my flytraps the most. They are truly amazing plants.

Gorgeous color and nice sized trap!

So true dashman... but Jmatt's cephalotus are to die for!:hail: Hint hint hopefully an update in the near future :lol:

Love it! Wish mine would get that red.

Hot damn those are amazing! :hail:

Very nice, Jeff! Beautiful plants as usual. I was a good year for them here in California as well. Lots of sun; lots of flies . . .

Wow they are big.
Hmm gonna have to find me one :)

Fantastic.

Gorgeous plants! That's really interesting how short the petioles are on yours. I have a B52 that grows much taller. It also doesn't get the same kind of color as yours. Maybe it's just reaching for light; perhaps that's what I get for trying to grow it inside under lights :headwall:

Sweet looking plant! Looks big enough to catch a rodent!

Big and beautiful! I need to get some.

That is one spectacular specimen!

Hey thanks everyone for the nice comments!
I got one of these 2 or 3 yrs ago from the NASC auction and another from someone else.
They multiplied into like 6 plants now. This is the first year that they really started to get extra large traps. They do put out some taller leaves but most are short and all trap.
One trap caught a (Cadydid). I'm not sure of the correct name or spelling for that insect but you get the idea. It's a good size insect and it pretty much got it all in except the long legs.
I really don't like those bugs, they ate big holes in some of my Heliamphoras before.
JMatt

Jeff,

As usual, very nice mate.... Classic form and color.
It was a sucky year here for my B52's, they never did reach their typical coloration.

Butch

Back