What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Submitted for your approval................................Here are some freshly imported Drosera and Utricularia tubers from Australia.

Drosera erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa - Laterite Growing Form
001-1.jpg

Drosera erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa - Sand Growing Form
002-1.jpg

Drosera gigantea
003-1.jpg

Drosera lowriei
004-1.jpg

Drosera macropylla ssp. monatha
005.jpg

Drosera purpurescens
006-1.jpg

Drosera ramellosa
007-1.jpg

Drosera zonaria
008.jpg

Utricularia menziesii
009.jpg

Those look like they'll be a blast to grow out!

Sweet! 'Nice big tubers, too. 'Looking forward to seeing them grow.

Sweet! 'Nice big tubers, too. 'Looking forward to seeing them grow.

They should hopefully start waking up in a couple of months. I'll be sure and post pics.

Wow - all are much larger than I would have expected.

yeah, i would imagine so haha

Hope you have good luck waking them up :)

Wow - all are much larger than I would have expected.

I was expecting much smaller tubers. I thought the biggest ones would be about the size of the smallest ones that arrived. From what other growers have told me, those D.gigantea tubers are only about medium sized ! I guess they weren't screwing around when they named that one.

i got gigantea squamosa and macrantha from d'amato yesterday

Very interested how your U. Menziesii does. I talked myself out of purchasing it, but it took a long time.

Very interested how your U. Menziesii does. I talked myself out of purchasing it, but it took a long time.

This will be my first go at U.menziesii. I've heard that it's actually easy to grow and a hard dormancy isn't needed.

Any updates? Or too soon?

Most have a little nub of a sprout but that's about it.

Looking forward to the enormous amounts of growth soon to come. Especially U. Menziesii.

where are you keeping them as your waiting for them to start growing

I'm just keeping them in ziplock bags in a drawer. Once the stolon growth reaches and inch to an inch and a half I'll plant them.

also did you need a phytosanitary permit for importing them? ( just encase i hae to get some more next year)

The phytosanitary certificate is included in the shipping price. I will be organizing an order for the NECPS next year. I'll collect the money and people's lists at the December meeting and distributing tubers at the January meeting.

Back