What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are your fingers green, blue or both?

Are your fingers green, blue or both? - What can you best keep alive?

• My fingers are only green. Only CPs are safe in my hands.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fingers are only blue. Aquatic animals are my best bet.

• My fingers can turn either green or blue. CPs? Fish? No prob.

• My fingers are beige with pale blue-green lines only. Sigh.

• Total voters
The last option for me. But if I try REALLY hard, I can keep a healthy crop of both.

belive it or not i know about 1 million times more about fish than i do about plants.
smile_n_32.gif

LOL same here.

Alphawolf: To spin your saying around about haven't tried any plants of difficulty did you keep any fish of "difficulty"?(not that I can think up something I would consider difficult...maybe just tricky...or narrow range of conditions)

Here's the latest critters I picked up for my fish tank.
I have always place Ghost Shrimp in my planted tank. It can be difficult to find them since they are clear.
I have seen these Cherry Shrimp on the web, but never in any fish stores around me.
A buddy and I decided to take an hour trip to a store I visit from time to time in Maryland. Well they had the Cherry Shrimp and I picked up 3. Looks like I have 2 females and 1 male. I could not make the trip and leave empty handed. They were a bit pricey at $4.00 each, compaired to getting 10 Ghost Shrimp for $1.00
They did have Zebra Plecos, which I would not mind getting, but they cost the same as what I have found on the internet, way too much $150.99 each!
I hope I can get the Cherry Shrimp to breed, the tank in the store had lots of little ones in it, it does not sound like these guys are hard at all to breed. I would like to set up a 10 gallon tank with a carpet of Java Moss and have many of these guys all over it.

post-22-1105306017.jpg

post-22-1105306066.jpg

Cool stuff, Steve! I'm still unsophisticated with my freshwater tastes. I still enjoy a tank full of fancy guppies. Besides, they kept my hyper daughter mesmerized when whe was a baby.

Scott,
There's nothing wrong with guppies. I'm thinking of adding some to my planted tank or Aphysemion australe.

Aphyosemion are my favorite genus. Nothos are cool too!

Blue and green for me.

So far my neps are easy as something thats really easy. At least compared to my reef tank. I've been keeping a SPS reef for 9 years, the intensity of maintenace for that is insane compared to my plants...plants easy at least compared to the corals and clams

I had a fish for a few months before I let it go. It came as an egg in one of my adquatic Utrics. I had a Crawfish that came with my water lily but I had to let it go also.

I am green/blue with the occastional brown spot.
cool.gif

o_O

Back