What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are your fingers green, blue or both?

Are your fingers green, blue or both? - What can you best keep alive?

• My fingers are only green. Only CPs are safe in my hands.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fingers are only blue. Aquatic animals are my best bet.

• My fingers can turn either green or blue. CPs? Fish? No prob.

• My fingers are beige with pale blue-green lines only. Sigh.

• Total voters

Cindy

Staff member
I, for one should only be a CPer. Nothing else.  
smile_n_32.gif
 My attempt at keeping puffer fish ended up with 4 dead and 1 refusing to eat (spell starving itself to death).
My husband is the other way around.  The good point is, we get to have both carnivorous plants and carnivorous fish at home.  
smile.gif

lol, intresting.
Want to know the anwser from me?
I can grow and keep ANYTHING thats a plant alive.
I cant seem to keep any fish alive(except for goldfish and other simple coldwater fish)
But I can keep virtually any plant alive and make it thrive.

I have no problems with plants, except Heliamphora, and I keep Discus and other fresh water fish. I have had saltwater and would like to again, I just have no room for any more tanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Jan. 03 2005,11:33)]lol, intresting.
wow! you have grown EVERY plant in the world!?
impressive!
smile_l_32.gif

I need some help with my Rafflesia arnoldii,
how do you grow yours?
smile_m_32.gif

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Jan. 04 2005,9:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Jan. 03 2005,11:33)]lol, intresting.
wow! you have grown EVERY plant in the world!?
impressive!  
smile_l_32.gif

I need some help with my Rafflesia arnoldii,
how do you grow yours?  
smile_m_32.gif

Scot
LOL, HA HA!
No, but whatever I have(that includes CPs and Orchids and all sorts of outdoor plants and houseplants) I can keep alive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Jan. 04 2005,7:16)]I have no problems with plants, except Heliamphora, and I keep Discus and other fresh water fish. I have had saltwater and would like to again, I just have no room for any more tanks.
I'm pretty much like Elgecko. I worked for a tropical fish wholesaler for 6 years. I HAD to keep the fresh, salt, and plants alive! I also do gardening, besides the cp's.

Plants? No prob. Sub par conditions? No prob. Fish? Swish.

Seems I can grow CPs fairly easily. But I had mixed results with my fish, especially the discus, back when I had 'em. I'm good with dogs, though!

Capslock

CPs, easy as pie if you know the requirments and can fullfill said requirments, I never really ever had much to do with fish, except occasionly drawing a vicous pirhana. my drawings freak me out, i have to post a few on here sometime.

I buy fish. Fish die. I buy new ones

I say thats pretty good. My oldest fish is 2 years old!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

The only CP I've killed so far would be a gubler nep and adelae(both by freak accidents). I say I'm better with aquatic animals due to more experience.

So I have successes in VFTs, Sars, and a few Droseras in the desert. My latest success with the Drosophyllum really made me happy.

dont have any fish right now my wife would kill me if I tryed. She says I have a zoo of animals in a fast growing jungle. But my plants have only taken over one room:p

My fingers are going greener. My last puffer died today.
smile_h_32.gif

I've had fish, but don't now.  I didn't kill them before their time, but wasn't interested enough to spend as much time on their care as I should have.  So, even if my fingers have some blue, my brain doesn't.  As for CPs, I'm a realist and only grow easy ones.  If I kept a collection of Heliamphoras and ultra-lowland and ultra-highland Neps alive, then I'd claim to have green fingers.  Maybe I do, but I'm not gonna chance it.

I take the Borg approach to things. All assimilation aside, I adjust and do better the next time. Just don't mention cobra lilies and streams and rain.....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Killed em both, but do it anyways.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I haven't tried any CP's that are of any difficulty so I wouldn't know about CPs.
I have kept fish though... so I guess blue
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I take the Borg approach to things
YAAAY!!! go star trek!!!!
resistance is futile!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Jan. 05 2005,9:01)]My fingers are going greener. My last puffer died today.
smile_h_32.gif
Another thought, besides ich and bacterial infection is ammonia. Do you have an ammomia / nitrite / nitrate kit handy?

Back